Current COVID/masking in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same meds as you take at home? I cannot function much less dive without original Sudafed, Pseudoephedrine (PSE), WalactD, but it's illegal there so I smuggle in every trip and keep it hidden. I may get busted someday.

What a baby. I did my own swab at CVS before leaving the US earlier this month, then allowed a technician to do it before returning. It tickled when he did it. Maybe you had a careless tech.

Hmm, both of my tests involved both nostrils.

The doc prescribed the inhaler version of the ipratropium - they didn’t have the nasal spray. Also the generic version of ClaritinD. I think the inhaler was the bigger expense. I know someone who throws some of their own meds into Tylenol bottles to smuggle them in.

Also the generic version of ClaritinD.
Yeah, the inhaler would be the big expense. They may have generic Claritin, but not with D as Pseudoephedrine (PSE) is illegal there.
I found my own meds after I went back to the house
I never not know exactly where mine are!
I know someone who throws some of their own meds into Tylenol bottles to smuggle them in.
I've considered that approach, but then it looks like intentional smuggling while just taking a card in my med bag might just look like dumb.

I did and it wasn't that bad. It was uncomfortable for the 1 or 2 seconds it took, and my nasal passage (the one she probed) was mildly irritated for a half hour or so, but it wasn't nearly so bad that it would keep me from going to Cozumel if everything else was a go.

What a baby. I did my own swab at CVS before leaving the US earlier this month, then allowed a technician to do it before returning. It tickled when he did it. Maybe you had a careless tech.

i'm telling you, it was TERRIBLE. i had one before roatan in 2020 and it wasnt bad.

I'm just glad the testing mandate expires dec 31. hoping it isnt renewed. otherwise its off to the USVIs for me

Yeah, the inhaler would be the big expense. They may have generic Claritin, but not with D as Pseudoephedrine (PSE) is illegal there.

I never not know exactly where mine are!

I've considered that approach, but then it looks like intentional smuggling while just taking a card in my med bag might just look like dumb.

My mistake - it was Laritol D - which IS Claritin, but it has phenylephrine and not pseudoephedrine.

Oh, I knew exactly where my ipratroprium was. It was in my canvas bag that I had already searched at least 10 times. I think I had picked it up along with another small bag inside the bag and moved it each time I searched it. When I got back to the house I picked up the bag and the contents shifted and I saw it. Duh.

My mistake - it was Laritol D - which IS Claritin, but it has phenylephrine and not pseudoephedrine.
I didn't know that any product added D for phenylephrine, as that stuff is about worthless.

Have you tried Walact-D back home? Walgreens carries it, and it contains pseudoephedrine.

Hmm, both of my tests involved both nostrils.

Interesting. Both of our tests (February and June) were just one nostril. In June at Costa Med, the tech commented "we do it differently here...just one nostril". I just wasn't clear what "here" referred to - Costa Med specifically or Mexico. I thought Mexico, but perhaps not since the test my husband took here in the US was only one nostril as were the tests we had in Belize. Both tests were terrible enough that I'm dreading getting tested in August. I'm typically not a baby about these types of things.

i'm telling you, it was TERRIBLE. i had one before roatan in 2020 and it wasnt bad.

I believe you. Both of the tests I had in Mexico (different testing centers) were awful. They hurt and aggravated my sinuses. Not good on the way to diving. Our testing in Belize was much much more gentle.

Anyway, I really do hope the US lets the testing order expire in September for vaccinated individuals. At this point, I feel like it's not my responsibility (or anyone's) to protect those that choose to not get vaccinated. While there are some people that cannot get the vaccine (like my friend who is undergoing chemo), most that don't have it here in the US are choosing not to get it (and a lot of them expect the rest of us to protect them). That's their right, but they should be taking their own precautions rather than the rest of us having to endure testing and masking. Just my opinion...I'm sure there will be lots that disagree with me.

Has your niece already sent her passport in for renewal? A friend of mine had to do so late last year....took 6 months to get the new passport in the mail! That was with the "fast" renewal (which is just a surcharge to "rush").

I sent mine in last month with the rush fee, and just got a notification yesterday that they have already mailed it back to me less than a month after receiving it. So it seems they are pretty caught up if my experience is any indication.

Has your niece already sent her passport in for renewal? A friend of mine had to do so late last year....took 6 months to get the new passport in the mail! That was with the "fast" renewal (which is just a surcharge to "rush").

No, just discovered of course.

I'm just glad the testing mandate expires dec 31. hoping it isnt renewed. otherwise its off to the USVIs for me
I've been tested at multiple places, and the test I had 2 weeks ago at the International Hospital was the deepest and most vigorous -- not pleasant at all. Otherwise the process was smooth and quick.

Hate to break it to you, mcohen1021, but the USVI still requires testing before you arrive (not required to leave or re-enter the Continental U.S. USVI | COVID-19 Traveler Screening Tool ).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom