Accomodations near Fonatur?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all of the replies. Went ahead and booked a Airbnb in Centro and rented a car for $22/day. Worth it for us as boys may wanna do other stuff on island too.
Please tell us what the car rental actually ends up costing.

Did you see the recent thread on the canceled flight and ensuing standoff with taxis and shuttles when returning passengers to the airport? That is against the local rules and you might well find yourself at the center of another dispute. Businesses are not supposed to be transporting their customers on the island.
3P has been doing that for a while and not being very secretive about it, so my guess is that they have worked $omething out with the taxi union.

Hopefully someone who has stayed at Presidente will chime in, but if there is a "shortcut" to Marina Cozumel/Fonatur, I suspect it would still be a decent trek.
There isn't, as far as I know. Fonatur, the Caleta, and the Presidente all have their own roads that connect to the main road; if there were a shortcut from Fonatur to the Presidente it would have to cross the road from the main road to the Caleta. That road cuts through some swampy jungle with at least one cenote; I don't think any sort of pathway could cut through that terrain.

If I were staying on Cozumel with 2 growing teenage boys, I would definitely look at an AI. They can eat any time all they want,
Park royale is closer to town. Great restaurants, 3 pools. 3 P’s picks up there.

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 9.59.31 AM.png
The yellow arrow points to a spot that appears (to me) to have no vegetation between Caleta Marina and whatever property is just south of it. Just looked like it would cut several minutes off of a 20+ minute walk if an opening were there.

The yellow arrow points to a spot that appears (to me) to have no vegetation between Caleta Marina and whatever property is just south of it. Just looked like it would cut several minutes off of a 20+ minute walk if an opening were there.

You could swim... lol.

Not sure about
View attachment 666767 The yellow arrow points to a spot that appears (to me) to have no vegetation between Caleta Marina and whatever property is just south of it. Just looked like it would cut several minutes off of a 20+ minute walk if an opening were there.
There is fencing between the Caleta and the Fonatur marina. The marina also has security who would quickly take exception to anyone trying hop the fence. If you are paying a couple hundred dollars a night for a room at El Presidente just grab a cab the published fare is $75 MXN ($3.64 USD)

There isn't, as far as I know. Fonatur, the Caleta, and the Presidente all have their own roads that connect to the main road; if there were a shortcut from Fonatur to the Presidente it would have to cross the road from the main road to the Caleta. That road cuts through some swampy jungle with at least one cenote; I don't think any sort of pathway could cut through that terrain.
But if you do trek past the Cenote and adjoining swampy area, be nice to the Crocodile that lives in that area. If he's not home he may be in the Caleta, he moves around some, several times he has come over to the new marina

Back
Top Bottom