Ad's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those of you on mobile Chrome, in settings do you have ads and popups blocked?

Screenshot_20210404-105047.png

Most modern browsers allow you to block popups by Website. Blocking all popups can be confusing because some Websites use popups for login and normal functions. Just be aware if Websites suddenly stop working correctly after turning the popup blocker on for all sites it may be due to this setting.

Some Websites will block you if you have an ad blocker turned on. It is manageable but might not be worth the trouble for some people.

It just seems odd that so many users were SUDDENLY and SIMULTANEOUSLY inundated with these. I got rid of my ad blocker months ago. Does not impact me anywhere else nor on any other app.

It just seems odd that so many users were SUDDENLY and SIMULTANEOUSLY inundated with these. I got rid of my ad blocker months ago. Does not impact me anywhere else nor on any other app.

Thats why I was wondering, it just started happening.

iPhone users should be aware the latest IOS update fixed a major security breach in the Safari web browser and should do the update whether or not this is directly related.

They're not pop-ups in the "normal" sense - as in, the ad isn't in a new window that you can click away from (at least none of the ones I've seen have been pop-ups). All the ones I've seen are interstitials .i.e. the ad is an element of the same page the content is on. Arguably, these are more annoying because it can be harder to click away from them. Blocking pop-ups in your browser may not affect the interstitials - not sure how ad blockers react to it.

Just FYI for @The Chairman in case it helps with troubleshooting what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom