Best hotel hot tub in Monterey under $200/night?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWombat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The most important amenity in any hotel is the hot tub, am I right? I'm talking about a big one near the pool, not one inside a hotel room.

Any recommendations for hotels in Monterey under $200/night with excellent hot tubs?

Hotel Pacific is pretty nice, they have a decent hot tub, pool and area to hang out nearby (all closed indefinitely due to covid). I stayed there for a long weekend on my birthday back in August, paid about $500 for 3 nights. The room was large and really nice, included little kitchenette, and the bathroom had both a big tub and a separate stand-up shower.

I used the in-room tub to clean my gear, ends up it was a bit bleach-ey. Not sure if they add bleach to the tub's water supply or if it was just left over from when it had been cleaned before. The sinks and the shower didn't have this issue, but if I were to do it agian, I would draw a bath and let it drain, then draw another bath and give it a smell test before adding gear. Of course it's a moot point, since I moved down here a few months later :).

If I ever get visitors who want a hotel, I'll send them there. Between the price, amenities, location, and private parking garage, it's a nice place.

Besides the time machine, whenever I think of a hot tub I think of a crock pot for humans.

Just think of how much rice you could make in there.

Also, not to be a wet blanket, but repetitive diving and hot tubs don't mix due to the increased risk of decompression sickness (DCS). It probably isn't so much of an issue with shallow, shorter dives. It's something to consider if you are doing longer or deeper repetitive dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom