Cutting Devices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also carry EMT titanium shears in a sheath and an EezyCut Trilobite, both on opposite sides of my harness webbing.

If I am so tangled up that I can't reach either side, that's what good buddies are for...

I can easily reach both, on the left side, with either hand. I once got caught (solo) on an almost invisible line and almost freaked-out as I could not see the algae-covered line in the green darkish water. I got a grip and defaulted to STOP, then backed-kicked out of the line, after which I could see the bastard-line-to-nowhere, then cut the stupid thing. Some ass-wipe ran a line between two trees and left it there.

20201114_134323.jpg

With 3 layers of webbing, my cutting devices are smooth to move but more prone to stay in place

You guys are awesome - thanks so much to everyone who has responded so far

20201115_074128.jpg

Victorinox kitchen knife on the waist band, an other small knife on the inflator hose in a small webbing sheath.
The Victorinox are strong, sharp and cheap to replace.
The cordage is to help pull it out with gloves on.
Edit: Typo.

Thanks all for reminding me to buy a new box of EMT shears.

Reactions: Zef
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom