Eating in Cozumel ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know of a place that serves lion fish?

La Perlita will do coconut crusted lionfish....its great.

New Especias will do Lionfish Marsala and its probably the best thing you will ever put in your mouth. ever. seriously...

Cervaseria Punta Sur will do a lion fish pizza. I haven't had it but everything I have had there is good...except their IPA. Even a good IPA (there is no such thing) tastes like 7 day old, sun baked, bloated, roadkill, skunk ass.

With all the above, call first and make sure they were able to get the fish in. Some days they don't get it, some days they run out....like if I get to New Especias before you and eat all they had. I wont feel bad about it....don't judge me... I'm fat and hungry.

Safe Travels,
Jay

tastes like 7 day old, sun baked, bloated, roadkill, skunk ass.

Just how many times have you tasted roadkill skunk ass to know the age of it?? :D

Just how many times have you tasted roadkill skunk ass to know the age of it?? :D

Everytime one of my beer snob friends tells me this new IPA is really great and I have to try it..... It's beer, I cant say no....

I don't care much for IPAs....

Jay

Living under a rock? :D
La Perlita!

I have to say I have not been impressed with La Perlita. Many rave about it but every time I've been there they were either out of fresh fish or had 1 fresh selection on hand. I gave up after a few visits and just go to El Moro which never disappoints and Ray is perhaps the nicest guy I've ever met.

I have to say I have not been impressed with La Perlita. Many rave about it but every time I've been there they were either out of fresh fish or had 1 fresh selection on hand. I gave up after a few visits and just go to El Moro which never disappoints and Ray is perhaps the nicest guy I've ever met.
Every time I have been there in the past few years they have had lionfish on the menu, so our experiences differ.

This is a great video I found on Youtube. Eating in Coz? I bet many here have eaten almost everything mentioned on this video. :) And she's right, Takis suck!

Glad I'm not the only one who is not a fan of La Perlita, was beginning to think I was the lone wolf about this resturant. Only been there twice but not impressed. Wanted to try the Lion Fish that gets such rave reviews but they were out so ordered other stuff. All four of us thought it was okay but nothing special. Our next trip we had the Lion fish and it was good but not fantastic. La Perlita is not in my top 10 resturants in Cozumel. I'll give it another try next trip and hopefully get some ot that fantastic Lion fish that this resturant is known for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom