Hello everybody!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello from Greece! I am a beginner. Althought I received my OW certificate back in 2007, for nearly 13 years I did not have the opportunity to dive. After my refresh course last summer, I hope to finally acquire the skills and experience necessary to enjoy the big blue universe. And as I discovered last weeks, all you fellows provide a tremendous amount of help and wisdom for all diving enthusiasts! Thank you for letting me join your team!

Welcome Antonie!

Pretty new member here too, a Greek diving in the beautiful waters of Copenhagen :)

Never dived close to your place but i am sure the visibility is amazing there. You need to go a bit north in order to appreciate it!

Since you are really close, if you ever have the chance dive in Cyprus. It is spectacular there!

Safe diving!

Thank you Christo! I really hope someday to dive in Cyprus. Dreams are free, after all... :) I wonder about your diving experiences in Denmark...How are the waters there? (I suppose that dry suits are necessary for the most part of the year)

Thank you Chavodel8en! Althougth I am sure that in this forum there are many experienced divers from Greece, I can tell you from my little background that the waters are clear and warm, especially in summers. There are many wrecks and caves (both saltwater and inland - freshwater caves). I suppose that marine flaura and fauna in Greece is not as impressive as in California (no kelp, big whales or big sharks). On the other hand, especially here in Southern Greece, last years we encounter many tropical species - intruders from Red Sea (a by-product of global warming). I hope that I helped you a bit!

Welcome Antoni - Καλώς ήρθες.
I suppose that marine flaura and fauna in Greece is not as impressive as in California (no kelp, big whales or big sharks). On the other hand, especially here in Southern Greece, last years we encounter many tropical species - intruders from Red Sea (a by-product of global warming). I hope that I helped you a bit!
To add to these, for those who are interested in macro (tiny sea creatures) and who have a lot of patience, good eyes, a bit of experience and a bit of knowledge Greece can be quite rewarding. Again it does not compare to top destinations but some sites can be quite rich in macro.
Antoni if you even come to Chania let me know and we can do some dives (in water or raki) together.
Enjoy your stay...

Back
Top Bottom