Where to put octo BP&W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been clipping mine to the scooter ring. With my hands by my sides it's a short reach to grab it and unclipping it is a snap. :) My octo has a 42" hose.

My primary is necklaced because that's the way I dive.

I've learned that when you see the OOA signal the other thing to do while going for your octo reg is clench your teeth on you regulator, because in all likelihood they are going for your regulator and may windup screwing the pooch for both of you if they panicked with regulators dangling about and nobody with one in their mouth. I know my primary is secured around my neck and I have air.

With my Halcyons, it routes under my right arm and attaches to my right chest D-ring with a rubber snorkel holder to the base of the mouthpiece (right behind the ziptie). Can be released with a quick tug and it has never come loose on a dive so far. Simple to set up pre-dive and works well for me!

Do you have any pictures of your setup?

If you put the D-rings in the recommended location, they are very easy to reach.

The recommended spot from halcyon is just in front of the shoulders. Maybe the straps are too tight but getting to the D Rings can be a challenge because of the way it pulls on my shoulders.

phil-green-gloves_dsc6263-jpg.603948.jpg

Mine is on a necklass under my chin. It's easy to get to and never drags in the sand or comes loose.

+1 for what @NothingClever and @MaxBottomtime said. The necklace keeps my backup reg closest to my mouth should the need arise.

The point of the BP/W is you get to choose, you can move your D ring up or down and add as many as you like.

The recommended spot from halcyon is just in front of the shoulders. Maybe the straps are too tight but getting to the D Rings can be a challenge because of the way it pulls on my shoulders.
Having the straps too tight is a very common beginner mistake. The D-rings should be a little below your clavicles. If you stand with your arms straight out and then bend them in at the elbows, thumbs out, your thumbs will hit the spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom