I need to repair my Datamask...Any help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmcutter,

Sorry to hear that. I am afraid the spirits invoked to revive your Datamask from the deads were powerful enough only to keep it alive for about 30 minutes. There is a more powerful witchcraft you can attempt but I'm afraid, at best, it will also resurrect your Datamask temporarily. If you feel like giving it a try, do the following: 1. Make sure you still have a fully charged battery (if the battery you used in the pool now measures less then 2,75V, your Datamask drained it in 30 minutes indicating excessive power consumption and your Datamask is kaput for good). 2. If the battery is still around 3V, using a pair of short cables apply briefly -say, couple seconds- an "inverted" voltage pulse to your Datamask; i.e: connect the battery "+" to the "-" terminal of the Datamask and connect the battery "-" to the "+" terminal of the Datamask. 3. Repeat the procedure indicated in my first post: that is, short-circuit the computer terminals. 4 Install the battery again in the Datamask, this time with the correct polarity. 5. Keeping your fingers crossed, observe the results and please report.

Oceanic is no longer repairing the Data Mask! I have had mine for over 11 years and it just acted like it flooded through the top button. The battery compartment seemed fine. Any idea to repair or is it shot? I love tis mask.

If it's flooded it's shot: even if the licktronyx can be revived, you have to also fix the leak or it'll just flood again.

Sure wish a manufacturer would revive this unit and star selling it again.
I just bought a used one and it took me just 2 dives to be as hooked as I was when if first got one. I'm concerned this one won't last very long and I'll have to go thru withdraws for the following bunch of dives.

Back
Top Bottom