Scopolamine - where can I buy it standalone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

>Internet Advice<

Promethazine is the only med that does any good once you are seasick. Works really well with a scopolamine patch. Works so well that you may even need a little red pseudoephedrine pill to keep you awake...

>Internet Advice<

Promethazine is the only med that does any good once you are seasick. Works really well with a scopolamine patch. Works so well that you may even need a little red pseudoephedrine pill to keep you awake...

Better living through chemistry? :D

Oh, and it’s MX. I think pseudoephedrine is not available there. The meth thing, you know.

Hello,

I am currently on Cozumel and had my first two dives today. I have so far never experienced motion sickness in my previous 20 dives, however today it got me really bad. I still managed to do the dives, but I was throwing up like crazy in-between the dives.

I was recommended to take Scopolamine without any other sleeping agents. Do you know a pharmacy in Cozumel where I can find it or something similar? I would want to avoid anything that makes me drowsy or sleepy.

Thank you very much for your help!
This morning would have been pretty bouncy with latest El Norte coming in this morning. Should start calming tomorrow and by Monday the bounce should dissipate. This is provided your are not traveling to your dive site on a slow tug boat, then it sucks and never gets better:D

Scopolamine is a patch that’s you apply to your skin. You don’t take it.
That's just wrong, you know. It's a chemical of some ill repute that can be found in patches, pills, truth serums, etc.

Oh, and it’s MX. I think pseudoephedrine is not available there.
Correct. I always smuggle my own in for dive trips, hoping I'm never caught.

Should start calming tomorrow and by Monday the bounce should dissipate.
Tomorrow looks like a blow out on WG.

Are these the 3 choices you have came u with from the internet and suggestions, or what you found in pharmacies? If you found in pharmacies, do you mind sharing where?

This is based on the suggestions in this thread. I haven't been to the pharmacies yet. Will do it tomorrow and let you know if I find Scopolamine patches.

Yes, the sea was rough today. You can't imagine how eager I was to get in the water for my second dive. I was almost jumping without a tank and my BCD in the water, just to get a break from all the vomiting...

The patch gives many people weird side effects. I would just do Bonine the night before and a half an hour before you get on the boat and you should be good to go. They sell the generic here just look it up and see the active ingredient.

The patch gives many people weird side effects. I would just do Bonine the night before and a half an hour before you get on the boat and you should be good to go. They sell the generic here just look it up and see the active ingredient.
Meclizine

I've bought Meclizine HCL (Meclison) at a Farmacia del Ahorro. Twenty tablets cost 60 pesos. Each tablet contains 25 mg of Meclizine HCL. I will try this before going to bed and one hour before the diving. Thanks again for the advice!

I've bought Meclizine HCL (Meclison) at a Farmacia del Ahorro. Twenty tablets cost 60 pesos. Each tablet contains 25 mg of Meclizine HCL. I will try this before going to bed and one hour before the diving. Thanks again for the advice!
When you get tired of being seasick order some Hyoscine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom