Scubapro Balanced Adjustable - have you seen this version?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe a selling point of the g250 was the bigger exhaust valve. Don't think the 156 ever was changed...

Thanks couv, I sent a message about the for sale listing last night, it is over a year old but figured I would give it a shot. But if I am mistaken about the exhaust vale sizes, then my interest is lost. I have a box full of MK10 and MK5, so I am good on that.

The later model BA/156 have the same size exhaust as the G250

@rhwestfall ....back to the cold shower for you Bob.

BA w large exhaust.jpg

And that one being a later model! If I was a gambling man I would probably take a punt on that 156 having the larger exhaust.

@reefrat You would make a good gambler. Yes, it's a later model BA with the G250 sized exhaust valve. However, I like the 109 knurled adjustment knobs so it's sporting one of those.

It's times like these that I wish for a complete Scubapro catalog collection for reference while looking for specific features and changes over the years. I have the VDH collection plus a few recent ones, but nothing in between.

I am jealous of the BA featured in your photo couv, am I correctly seeing that is has the satin finish? I am tempted to pick up a satin finish BA or two when the right price comes around and try my luck, at least they hold value well so not much to lose.

I am jealous of the BA featured in your photo couv, am I correctly seeing that is has the satin finish? I am tempted to pick up a satin finish BA or two when the right price comes around and try my luck
@Kupu Yes, it has a satin finish; I guess I should have done a better job at photographing it. Note that not all BAs with a satin finish have the large exhaust valve.

I'll keep you in mind when/if I let go of any.

I am using one. Love the classic look and it moisturizes air fine. Smoother-breathing than my G250. The first stage Mk10 also seems undestructible. The satin chrome is appealing. The MARK X Dual-Balanced version was mainly bought up by Germans in the 80s. They have them ocassionally on sale in a pretty good shape usually for a lot better price than rebuilt BAs in the U.S... All moving parts inside are G250-interchangeable. Easy to service. The diaphragm is still available in a transparent version. My only concerns are the black rubber diaphragm covers (can crack if dried), and the exhaust tees. Dunno where to get spare ones... so I am taking care of the originals by not letting them dry out. I dare not use the seat-saver key for fear of distorting the rubber cover. Easier to change seats yearly... It seems to breathe even nicer with the new, double O-ringed S-wing poppet...

I am using one. Love the classic look and it moisturizes air fine. Smoother-breathing than my G250. The first stage Mk10 also seems undestructible. The satin chrome is appealing. The MARK X Dual-Balanced version was mainly bought up by Germans in the 80s. They have them ocassionally on sale in a pretty good shape usually for a lot better price than rebuilt BAs in the U.S... All moving parts inside are G250-interchangeable. Easy to service. The diaphragm is still available in a transparent version. My only concerns are the black rubber diaphragm covers (can crack if dried), and the exhaust tees. Dunno where to get spare ones... so I am taking care of the originals by not letting them dry out. I dare not use the seat-saver key for fear of distorting the rubber cover. Easier to change seats yearly... It seems to breathe even nicer with the new, double O-ringed S-wing poppet...
Necro thread. Silicone parts including the covers and tees were available in the US from VDH. But that source has passed on :(. I stocked up a few of both for my small fleet.

Silicone parts including the covers and tees were available in the US from VDH. But that source has passed on :(.
The diaphragm cover I've 3d printed in TPU with success... not as pretty as silicone, but functional:
I've cast a usable T in silicone out of 3d printed molds, but it's still a work in progress.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom