Diving trips with a snoring partner.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's considered portable
I'm late to this party - all home CPAPs are portable; but there have been some developed specifically for travel...smaller & lighter than the current models (which are already small & light)
As an example, check out the Dream Station Go

I'm a member of the snoring community.
Here's the easiest, cheapest, and most travel-friendly solution...

Sew one or two tennis balls onto the back of a t-shirt.
This will stop the snorer from sleeping on his back.

It has worked for me for years now.

Google 'snoring balls' for info and photos.

K.

Sew one or two tennis balls onto the back of a t-shirt.
This will stop the snorer from sleeping on his back.

It has worked for me for years now.
IME some people snore almost as bad while sleeping on their side as if they were sleeping on their back. Just sayin'.

IME some people snore almost as bad while sleeping on their side as if they were sleeping on their back. Just sayin'.

Cost of a CPAP: $500 to $3000
Cost of a Tennis Ball Shirt: $15?

Sure, it doesn't work for everybody, but it's worth a try, yes?
And if it fails you still have a t-shirt, and your dog gets a tennis ball...
and you have a funny story to tell about the crazy outside-the-box ideas you see on the internet.

:wink:

K.

Good point. Except that I don't have a dog :)

I always thought you were the hamster/ferret type.

I always thought you were the hamster/ferret type.
I'm definitely a dog person, but my life situation has made it a bit too demanding to spend as much time and resources as one should on a dog.

But if we're discussing rodents, I think I prefer rabbits or guinea pigs.

I thought they only cancelled relatively steady noise....not everything , and especially not sporadic sounds.

That's true of most noise canceling headphones/earbuds. Most only work on ambient, background type noises - engine noise, etc. In some cases, it makes the sporadic noises seem "worse" because they really stand out by eliminating all the white noise background.

But the good Bose ones work on sporadic noises too. Totally different than NC headphones/buds of a few years ago, or the cheaper ones today. Worth a try. It's a whole different animal.

Even in a relatively quiet room, I have to turn them off to hear someone talking to me a normal volume. Otherwise, it's just a distant whisper. For a long flight, it's a great, great improvement.

Haven't tried them for snoring, as I'm usually the offender rather than the victim.

I have a set of Shure Sound Isolating earphones that I use when I travel. They block pretty much all ambient noise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom