TechDive Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see HOG all the time when I travel...........I'm wearing them.

I am a newbie, thinking of going Hollis. Wing, hardness, regulator, wet suits. The lot. On their web site, they got a product recall. MikadoWu - can you deliberate?

When I first started diving I purchased Zeagle and Atomic gear for me and the Kids. Support and communication with the companies was awesome. Few years later, Huish purchased them and well it has not been the same. I witnessed the unboxing on new BARE (another Huish company) wetsuits a year ago, and everyone of them was package in a way that made them unsellable. The Shop owner called up the President of Huish, and from the 1 side I heard, it was an interesting conversation. Many of the LDS I have used have cut ties with much of Huish. Huish does not have the best name in the industry presently. Is this everyone's story, no, But I am seeing it more and more. 1-2 years ago, Huish Purchased Oceanic/Hollis. I can not trust purchasing their gear at this time.

In terms of Sells, the top 20 Dive Gear Companies, only ScubaPro, AquaLung, Mares, Cressi, Aries and Dive Rite sell BCDs. My goal is getting into Technical diving. I would like to support the local Dive Rite, but I want to make sure I will find support over Seas. Dive Rite is also the only Technical dive gear company I listed.

@MikadoWu

Don’t forget that Apeks is owned by AquaLung.

I have several Dive Rite items, many of them 20+ years old and still used weekly. Give Dive Rite a call, they'll tell you which countries have support available.

You are correct.... Though I see theirs Regs, I have never seen their BCDs.

Apeks has BP/W that some use.

I see mostly Halcyon bp/w's, Apeks regs, and Shearwater Perdix or Teric.

I'm in Seattle. I see a limited set of tech divers (mostly at my LDS) and they tend to dive Hollis or OMS for BP/W. Dive computers it's pretty much all Shearwater, though I think the shop would rather sell Gallileo. Word of mouth pushes folks to Shearwater. (Of course, it helps that Shearwater's repair facility is driving distance from the shop.) Perdix is really common, but the fancy folks use the HUD devices.

Currently most of the tekkies I know are only buying products from Huish companies that they already have lots of spare parts for and can fix themselves. Expect the same service and support from Huish that you would expect from a CraigsList seller, that way you won't ever be unhappy, unfortunately that also means that the price you pay for their products shouldn't be higher than CraigsList products.

Michael

I'm actually fairly surprised to hear people running Zeagle gear for tech. Not that it's bad by any means. I personally dive a Zeagle Brigade BC myself and love it for the type of diving I do. Just usually hear more about Dive Rite, Apeks, ScubaPro, OMS, and Hollis for tech gear.

Keep in mind that all Zeagle regs pre about 2001(?) where mad by Apeks. Almost all my regs are Zeagle branded DSTs and TX50s.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom