Needle valve spreadsheet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. I do wish the needle was finer, its only ~2/3rds of a turn from high to low.

Any chance you have a flowmeter to hook up to it. The fathom comes with a flowmeter to check your oxygen flow rates through the needle valve. My instructor was jealous of my wife and my units as the needle valve had much finer control than his. His sounds similar to yours. he can easily adjust to fine tune his needs, but the distance from high to low isn't nearly as great as ours. Ours are able to really get fine control down (looking at the flowmeter). I'm still getting used to the needle valve on dives. I'll be diving and either keep noting my p02 getting a little high or a little low and I have to fiddle with the needle valve to get it right, or very often I still forget about the needle valve and spend 5 minutes adjusting with the mavs until my brain remembers the needle valve. We only have 3 hours post class on the units currently, so I'm sure it will come with time.

Yea I have a dwyer 200-1000 cc/min flow meter. That's how I discovered high (0.9L/min) to low 0.5L/min was only just over a 1/2 turn. I only have about 2 hrs on it so far. If my depth is stable its perfect, the dynamic 1st stage really requires lots of fiddling to keep the rate stable though.

ok after a few hours I have come to the conclusion that 1/2 turn from max to min plus adjustments for sawtoothing all while in blue dry gloves is a royal pita. I blocked my first stage using a stronger spring I had from Martin. Current IP is 200 and stable which is roughly a 400ft max depth - 95ft deeper than my lifetime max dive and I dont see myself ever being that deep. I am going to put some hours on it with a fix IP now and see how it goes.

I also adjusted the minimum flow (@ 200psi IP) down from about 300cc to 150cc. The actual needle under the knob wasnt too hard to adjust but you need a really tiny allen key to do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom