Travel between cayman islands....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just returned from a trip to the Caymans - stayed one week at Cayman Brac Beach Resort and four days at Cobalt Coast.

First thing to know - Reef Divers is a great operation - they will spoil you, though by doing everything for you, including setting dive computer to Nitrox

We flew from Memphis, TN to Atlanta to GCM to Brac - had a three hour layover in GCM - but were eating dinner at Brac by 6pm. We had Cayman airways plane tix roundtrip GCM - flew on the Saab on the way over there - on a 737 back... neither were particularly small aircraft and the flights were super simple and calm (and I am a flying phobe) - The one caveat I would have is this: if you are travelling with diving gear, make certain not to book seats on the twin otter - only allowed one bag per person on those planes - on all of the others, you get two free bags per person, which is nice with gear in tow.

What was interesting was that on our afternoon flight from Brac the flight from Miami was nearly full and most of them just simply stayed on the plane - a bit surprised they didn't take the 737 to GCM first. Just by-the-by - the Brac airport departure lounge is very comfortable and pleasant - the one in GCM is not at all, but they are in the middle of a huge construction.

We just returned from a trip to the Caymans - stayed one week at Cayman Brac Beach Resort and four days at Cobalt Coast.

First thing to know - Reef Divers is a great operation - they will spoil you, though by doing everything for you, including setting dive computer to Nitrox

We flew from Memphis, TN to Atlanta to GCM to Brac - had a three hour layover in GCM - but were eating dinner at Brac by 6pm. We had Cayman airways plane tix roundtrip GCM - flew on the Saab on the way over there - on a 737 back... neither were particularly small aircraft and the flights were super simple and calm (and I am a flying phobe) - The one caveat I would have is this: if you are travelling with diving gear, make certain not to book seats on the twin otter - only allowed one bag per person on those planes - on all of the others, you get two free bags per person, which is nice with gear in tow.

What was interesting was that on our afternoon flight from Brac the flight from Miami was nearly full and most of them just simply stayed on the plane - a bit surprised they didn't take the 737 to GCM first. Just by-the-by - the Brac airport departure lounge is very comfortable and pleasant - the one in GCM is not at all, but they are in the middle of a huge construction.

Thanks for the report! I have never stayed at the Cobalt Coast resort, how did you like it and how did it compare to CBBR?

Thanks for the report! I have never stayed at the Cobalt Coast resort, how did you like it and how did it compare to CBBR?

We liked both resorts... I think Cobalt Coast is nice - really liked the outdoor dining and being able to actually order off of a menu for dinner - felt more 'vacation' than nightly buffets - don't ask why.

Son said that CC felt more 'claustrophobic' that Brac - I think what he means is that it is much smaller - and more compact - there were more people on the dive boats in GC too. It is up on the West End which makes it tough to get to other places - they do have cab drivers who live not to far away and will get there soon

Having said all of that - there is no real 'beach' at either place - at least not what I'd call a beach by which I mean sand that leads to water into which I can wade and swim. There is sand with chairs and a couple of hammocks - but no real beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom