12 boys lost in flooded Thai cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kudos to the rescuers and supporters.

Saw this on the news this morning. Can someone provide a context or explanation of what appears to be an inner tube on the back of the diver? I'm clueless.
View attachment 466536

British cave rescue guy, using what he feels is the best tool for the job. Common in sump diving. Not a hobby diver configuration.
Cameron

A Chinese team and Australian team has also joined the rescue effort.

Great news!!! So happy they are ok. Now how to get them out I guess.

Fantastic! I am interested to hear the details of their location, how far in they were, how they found them, etc. And....I'll be someone is ALREADY planning the movie....

Being reported that all have been found safe today

Missing Thai boys 'found alive' in caves
Great. I was losing hope while admiring the efforts, but I guess I'm too often a pessimist. I've personally given up hope on divers who eventually showed up safe on Komodo Island, and I didn't think any of those lost miners would be found alive until their drilled hole found them on camera.

Not to play the bad luck guy, but it's not finished. They have zero scuba experience (to not talk about cave diving in severe environment) and there's some heavy rain coming. I hope they have already the evacuation plan in place, because they are 13 and it's not exactly like walking (otherwise they would have escaped already my themselves).
Let's wait and hope for the best before to celebrate.

Great. I was losing hope while admiring the efforts, but I guess I'm too often a pessimist. I've personally given up hope on divers who eventually showed up safe on Komodo Island, and I didn't think any of those lost miners would be found alive until their drilled hole found them on camera.

Remind me to include in my 'gone diving' note to specifically exclude you from a search party in the event I ever go missing. :)

Not to play the bad luck guy, but it's not finished. They have zero scuba experience (to not talk about cave diving in severe environment) and there's some heavy rain coming. I hope they have already the evacuation plan in place, because they are 13 and it's not exactly like walking (otherwise they would have escaped already my themselves).
Let's wait and hope for the best before to celebrate.
Once you have a location it becomes practical to consider drilling a rescue tunnel. Not sure it is actually practical given the terrain etc, but the USG has some monster mine rescue rigs, which I think they used in Chile, that can drill 26" bore boles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom