12 boys lost in flooded Thai cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang this is good news!

It sounds like they are located past a no-mount passage given the current water flow. This is not going to be easy.

I heard about these lost boys in thailand cave, trapped when they hiked too far in, and got trapped by rising waters from rain.

Lets' not tell them what a bad idea it was until they are rescued and safe, si? Meantime the gov't is all-out to "dive them out" once they are nourished and strong enought to take it after 9 days:

Why getting the kids out could be a “truly terrifying experience” for them

Best wishes to them, and God speed all the divers who will make this work, starting it seems with doctors and nurses who can dive to evaluate them and then the rescue divers who will follow.

I read that they were going to pump out water to get them out, it sounds like a bad idea to take young malnourished kids on an hours long advanced cave dive.

Even drilling a shaft near them is probably a better idea than taking them on a dive.

Oops, in my enthusiasm I didn't check "Accidents and Incidents", where the existing thread was.

However they are brought out--drain the cave, or go diving--as long as they come out safe.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Two threads merged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom