Inquire Varadero Cuba dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some more belated update. We did another day of diving with Scuba Libre, to Bay of Pigs.

We were picked up at the Resort, to the town of Veradero, in one of those old 1950s car. Changed into another 1950s car. It did not have working AC, so was hot in the 2 hr drive to Bay of Pigs.

At Bay of Pigs, we first did a cenote (cave) dive. Had to put the gear on, with tank, to walk across the street, then to the cave. The diving was pretty good. First time for my children. We then did the second dive, shore dive at Bay of Pigs. Went to the wall, then back to a small wreck, the same one I saw in 2003. The wall was good, lots of corals, but viz not as good as the 2003 dive I did. Still good.

On the way back, there was another car. That car stopped half way for bar. I had to ask several times, to have our car not wait, and to get going back to resort. The driver did not speak English, and he had to go ask the other car.

It was a long day, but good experience for my kids (adult boy and girl, both AOW) to be at Bay of Pigs.

Would you say the diving is good enough in the bay of pigs/zapata area that it would be worth doing a liveaboard?

Would you say the diving is good enough in the bay of pigs/zapata area that it would be worth doing a liveaboard?

At Bay of Pigs, we only dove the cenote across the street, and from shore. The wall diving from shore was excellent. Good viz and very nice coral. Colorful tubes and sponges.

I do not know what diving would be like from a liveaboard in that area. A bit further from shore, the wall may drop deep enough that there won't be much to see if jumping from a boat. But I really don't know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom