AB Dive in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetChucks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are headed to Bonaire in a few weeks and are planning to use AB car rental and AB dive. The package and the tank delivery seem to be perfect for our trip. Has anyone else had experience with their tank delivery?

Not me...sounds interesting.

Looking at their website, it doesn't use that phrase, "tank delivery"

Further confusing stuff:
$139 - Unlimited Air Shore Diving, 6 days
$159 - 14 Tanks of Air card

Add nitrox for $.01 ? (Bargain or mistake)

AB has 600 tanks. (Wow! Really?)

How do those items and costs mesh?

I'd call them, website is sketchy.

Last edited:
You'll need tanks AND WEIGHTS.
I agree with Doc; I see nothing about delivery.....so for convenience Dive Friends has multiple locations, and in their one-week package you get tanks AND weights.

I have never used AB Dive so take this for what it’s worth ...

The reviews on trip advisor have been largely positive but I do not recall reading any reviews here on SB. As is standard on Bonaire nitrox upgrades are free and weights/belts included with tank rentals.

As for the unlimited 6 day vs tank card, some ops do not heavily promote this option but do offer tank cards for the diver that does not dive daily but wants to save over the daily tank rental rate. This is not unusual.

As for tank delivery, again some shops offer this as an upgrade but I believe the standard practice with AB dive is tank pickup at their central location. This is the down side of their relatively new entry into tank rental, only one location. It, and their attempt to enter a competitive market, is probably why the unlimited rental rate is lower then many of their larger competitors.

Reactions: Doc
It's hard to beat Dive Friends.... With tank pick-up and drop-off at 7 shops from north to south and in-town... Plus the super helpful and friendly staff...

Jim...

Are you liable for stolen tanks or is that the one thing that now doesn't get taken?

Last edited:
Don't worry about Stolen tanks. In fact scuba gear is pretty safe on the island. Money, water, log books, flip flops candy we have had taken.

AB is a stand up company. They should all include weights with tanks. Nitro and air are pretty much interchangeable on Bonaire.

Dive Friemds is awesome we have used them for 4 trips. Buddy is good. Carib inn is great too.

That's the answer to the big question...What do I do with my car keys, drivers license, cell phone?

Stick them in a SCUBA tank.

Problem solved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom