Compressor oil for Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisThor

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
HI!
So the dive shop I work for is gonna set up with Nitrox continuous flow blending and im just not really sure about the oil situation. Right now we use an oil called Corena P 150 and its a mineral based oil I think? If im not totally wrong, the company Now got corena S4 P 100 which seems to be fully synthetic. But been running with a mineral based oil and to change to synthetic oil requires a service right?
Thanks for any advice

How old is the compressor, how many hours and what brand?

How old is the compressor, how many hours and what brand?
We have two and they are both Bauer one is build 1999 and has about 3000 hours, the other one build 1992 and has about 1000 hours

Personally, with the number of hours on those machines, I'd be stripping them down and cleaning any carbon build up, including the cooling tubes. Bauer will make no recommendations for oil to be used for continuous blending or membrane produced nitrox. Chemlube 800 is used in the machines we provide, but they are also water-cooled. When we did supply air-cooled machines (new Bauers) with membranes, that is the oil we used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom