JUST FOR GIRLS: Do you feel creeped out when...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only time we'll see a conversation, is when it's reported. Staff is not allowed to invade that privacy without a court order.

I get that Pete. It's just that the name and the presentation (chat style) of the conversation resembles typical social media messaging. And I like that.
It's not like some stalker actually got a hold of her private email address to sneak in some creepy love letter.

Staff is not allowed to invade that privacy without a court order.

So they can or can't view reported conversations? I am going to assume they can?

So they can or can't view reported conversations? I am going to assume they can?

Obviously administrators of any board can see everything. So remember to always be kind :)

I've had similar experiences in the past when I was more active on the board. IMO, you are overreacting. As the target of this thread wrote below, if you were uncomfortable, you should've contacted him first to resolve it, rather than the board at large. Or, since you opted to go the public route, you should've left his ID out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
he "Likes me" then "follows me" and then "sends me a personal email asking me to come dive with him"

If this is the extent of it, I believe that your publishing his name here or even bringing this up in public is most terrible and vicious. Although there is nothing alarming about "like," "follow" or even asking somebody to go diving here on a "SCUBA" board in this context but if you felt threatened or simply didn't want to communicate with the person, you could have just disassociated yourself from him by the options available on SB or discretely reported him to the management on SB without having to put his name in public like you just did. It appears to be uncalled for and very mean.

Even in 2017, it's hard to find scuba gear that isn't pink, purple, or covered with flowers or other "feminine touches."

I am not sure that I follow, are you objecting to having dive equipment made in colors and styles for women or are you objecting to not having enough feminine touches in dive equipment? (I think that it is the former but just want to make sure I understand you).

Women live with the fact that from the time they are 15-16 yrs old... It seems like every guy is trying to get in their pants.. I know that I treat women in a very neutral way just because of that fact... I don't as a rule "friend" girls on boards or follow them... It's 2017, But the fact that you (Sarahlee) are 21 and very easy on the eyes with a photo that shows that... I can see some guys wanting to throw out a hook and see if he gets a nibble..

I really don't think calling someone out in public is the right way to go... No need to name him... Maybe he was just being friendly or maybe he was throwing out a baited hook ?

Jim....

Last edited by a moderator:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread has been edited to remove the personal reference to an individual member by name. This has become an unjustified personal attack. The thread is bordering on hostile and may require further moderation. Furthermore, this thread is being moved to the Women's Perspectives Forum. It is not appropriate for basic scuba.

Want to go DDiving with me?:callme:

I have "liked" Marie 13 posts, "followed" Marie13 briefly, invited Marie 13 to Northeast to see our Harbor Seals, and yet I am a 54 year old married woman who is not creeping on Marie 13. Now, if I ever sent her dead squid in the mail, she would be justified in mentioning the fire arms, and my name, in the same sentence. But not for this friendly overture.
But nice men might want to take a bit more time and and go to trade show -meet ups for neutral ground.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom