... support for my CooToo (edited)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was freakishly easy to use for me too. I love it.

Yeah, me too Pete. Perfection. I like the interface. It makes it way smarter than all the other testers I've used.

I see Alberto liking some posts but seldom responding. C'mon Divenav.

I'm not getting rid of mine, but I wish I could say I was among the small and lucky group with no problems. It's a lot of work to get the cootwo talking to my phone long enough to test my tanks after getting them filled. It's an extremely frustrating device to try and use. Although I'm not ready to ditch mine, I don't think I could recommend it to anyone else in good conscience.

I'm curious, those of you who have great success (@JohnN @The Chairman @tuk ) are you using iOS or Android? From @JohnN's post it sounds like he is on iOS. I'm wondering if the problem is the Android app.

It's kind of depressing in my opinion. A device that had the potential to be the coup de grâce for competing analyzers is languishing due to lackluster product support. So far it's merely been a good idea with poor execution.

If it is the app, and @DiveNav doesn't want to spend the money on Android development - maybe they would consider open sourcing the software. There are lots of skilled coders who dive if the contributors to Subsurface are any indication.

Ironically, because of this thread, the CooTwo is now showing up in my ad banners! Too bad there seems to be so many issues with these. Love the idea of an affordable, all in one, O2 and CO analyzer.

Ironically, because of this thread, the CooTwo is now showing up in my ad banners! Too bad there seems to be so many issues with these. Love the idea of an affordable, all in one, O2 and CO analyzer.
No issues with mine - the unit and app work great (iOS app on iPhone 6s).

I'm curious, those of you who have great success (@JohnN @The Chairman @tuk ) are you using iOS or Android?
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge loaded Android 7. I added the app, connected the phone to the CooTwo with Bluetooth and was checking tanks within five minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom