90 Degree HP swivel to connect AI DC Transmitter/HP hose to first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll probably order the OmniSwivel just to have a look at it.

Let us know please.
Okay, I got the OmniSwivel on a Conshelf now. It's obviously better build quality than the cheaper version, but the big difference comes when the pivot bolt is snugged down. On the cheaper swivel it will lockup with the bolt snug, while on the OmniSwivel I can snug the bolt to my satisfaction and still have a smooth pivot action. That's the big difference, and it's worth the extra money IMHO

Does anyone know where to find a 90 Degree HP swivel to connect AI DC Transmitter/HP hose to first stage please? A link will be appreciated.

BurhanMuntasser, with the 90Degree adaptor, how do you want to point the AI transmitter?

When I had the stupidest designed 1st stage (Hollis DC2), the HP port is recessed under a smaller cavity. So AI transmitter can't be fully screw in. So I have to use some adaptor. I ended up with 6" HP hose. With 90 angle adapter, I couldn't find a proper direction to point the AI.

With Hollis DC2 or Atomic (balanced piston type). The lower profile setup is to HP port above LP port. With this 1st stage orientation and with 90 degress, the AI can't point up because it just stick out upward too much. Can't point back (toward the tank valve) because valve is on the way. Cant point to toward your head because your head will bump into it. Can't point down because LP hoses are there. This is for single tank back mount. If this is for different config, never mind.

BurhanMuntasser, with the 90Degree adaptor, how do you want to point the AI transmitter?

I want to use a short hose (6 or 9") and pull it towards the left. I have the ST1 first stage swivel turret facing down but at a slight angle to the right to accommodate the LP ss hose at the top/bottom (high performance) port. In this configuration the AI right side HP port is pointing slightly up and the left side HP port down. I have a HP hose for the gauge connected to the left side HP port (pointing slightly down) and the transmitter for the hoseless AI computer connected to the right side HP port that is pointing slightly up. I want to use the 90degree swivel to take the transmitter out of the way to reduce the chance the transmitter hitting rocks and be out of the way from the right hand valve on/off knob.

Does this make sense to you?

I am also going to experiment with double tank setup. I'll have several (3) hoseless AI computers with transmitters and a standard SPG so I'll be using all available ports on the two regulators and need to make sure that the transmitters are out of the way and not pointing up if at all possible. I am doing comparisons and evaluation for several brands/models.

When I had the stupidest designed 1st stage (Hollis DC2), the HP port is recessed under a smaller cavity. So AI transmitter can't be fully screw in. So I have to use some adaptor. I ended up with 6" HP hose. With 90 angle adapter, I couldn't find a proper direction to point the AI.

would this help? (it's cheaper as well - replacing both the 6"hose and the 90º adapter)

Adapter: Mini-SPG to HP Hose, Straight (includes spool)

This adapter can be used as a 'standoff', raising the transmitter away from the body of the first stage.

would this help? (it's cheaper as well - replacing both the 6"hose and the 90º adapter)

Adapter: Mini-SPG to HP Hose, Straight (includes spool)

From the look of it, it won't work. See attached picture
hollis_dc2_din__88315.1413334569.500.659.jpg
1. see how close the LP port is to the HP. Even if this Mini adaptor fit, it won't clean the LP hose.
2. there is a recessed on the HP port, which is hard to see here, but the recess is just bigger than the port plug

Hose fitting like this won't fit
335436-5a161c9c26eb61d7b393932322102af6.jpg

Hose fitting like this will fit. See that little extension, cylindrical shape thing on the mail fitting
Miflex_SPG_Carbon_Hose_large.jpg

Of course, by now, I no long have this 1st stage. But I do want potential buyer to be aware and don't buy it.

Sorry for the off topic

Attachments

• 2blakc_reg_1_1210cm.jpg
    2blakc_reg_1_1210cm.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 46
When I used an AI xmitter I uses a HP hose and ran it like a dry suit inflator hose and the xmitter hung from the left side under the arm like the SPG.

When you are done, can you post a picture? I am interested to see

I will but it will take time. I am in Libya and I have to fight to get things into Libya after figuring out how to pay for it since we don't have cc's or foreign bank transfers. It is pretty ****** here :)

Back
Top Bottom