west maui dive ops? (or just head south?) also shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My diving in Hawaii was limited to one boat dive 10 years ago right after getting certified, but we are headed back in April and staying up in West Maui (Mahana) - any suggestions for dive ops that leave from up there? I know many leave from Kihei - just was trying to save the drive for my non-diving wife.

Also interested in any body on here who is interested in meeting up for a shore dive.

thanks

A few boats leave from Lahaina.

Also, a few shore dive operators along the Kaanapali strip.

Kahana not Mahana right? Or Mahana in Ka'anapali (the Aston/condos?) Either way, this applies.

Tiny Bubbles is a shore dive operation in Ka'anapali. Maui Dive Shop has a site in Kahana Gateway Mall but their boat is south in Ma'alea and your wife will be more bored there than Kihei - except the Maui Ocean Center is there.

The 3 operators with boats in Lahaina that I know of:

Lahaina Divers - in addition to Lana'i every other day they send a boat south to Molokini. Plus once a week seasonally to dive with Hammerheads off Molokai (IDK the season) I've done their (advanced) West Maui Drift dive. Sharkfin is a good dive around the outside. Plus everybody does one of two Cathedrals - I've only done Cathedral I.
Extended Horizons - smaller boat so possibility of less beginners.
Hawaii Rafting Adventures - like the name - hard-hull RIB diving. We saw them out at Cathedrals once getting tossed around..but so were we on Maui Dive's 45' dive boat.

No dive operations (boat) leave from Kahana, there's no harbor.

Last edited:
Mahana in Ka-anapali is where we are staying. I guess as far as limiting which boats to look for - which ones will get me back to the condo the earliest? (provided all are safe and reputable). and giving me a good dive.

As far as the shore dives - do shore ops guide them if I don't find anybody on the board who wants to meet up

They include lunch out at Lanai?
Lanai Dive Charter -2 dives off the Lanai'i coast. Lunch and drinks are included.

Lahaina is back at 12:30 or before since they often need the boat for afternoon trips.
As far as the shore dives - do shore ops guide them
Besides Tiny Bubbles, I believe Scuba Mike works in the Lahaina/Ka'anapali area also. There's others - just two I know of.

Last edited:
They include lunch out at Lanai?

Lahaina is back at 12:30 or before since they often need the boat for afternoon trips.

Lahaina Divers also serves lunch on their AM dives during the surface interval.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom