Tech Friendly Shop - O'ahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having spent 4 years there as a tech diver I would recommend Aarons dive shop for fills, Patricks diving adventures if you want a charter off the west side, Hawaiian diving adventures is good too. The best way would be find other tech divers still on the island and work out a charter out side of a shops. Shops will tell you that you aren't allowed which isn't true at all, they kind of bend the truth. Boats on the island require you have insurance, but there are many independent instructors that are insured that would be more than happy to get you a charter, won't hassle you about bottom times, and wont hit you with shady business practices. I have recently moved off the island, but you can PM me and I would be more than happy to give you contacts to local tech divers that can help set up dives. If you have to chance to hit up MAUI there is some great spots for tech divers, not much over head but deep spots.

Honolulu Scuba Company on 670 Auahi Street in Kaka'ako
O2 clean fill panel and masterline booster. O2 on site, need a heads up for He. Blenders are not always present, so some planning required. Sorb by keg or pack, canisters if you have Se7en. Boat dedicated to rebreather divers goes out Tuesday and Wednesday evening (single site, long dives, rec divers may be on boat but they do 2 dives same location).

Check back in half a year, we are working on a blender position for the shop so that we can post "drop by for fills" hours.
Tanks will need to be O2 clean to use the panel.
Nitrox stick blending also occurs there, no O2 clean rating required, separate system from the clean side.
Hours 7am to 6pm daily.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom