Hog 23# wing on sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hummed and hawed over this super deal for a few days before convincing my wife she‘d like to get me an early Xmas present. I regularly dive doubles, but am looking forward to replacing my jacket BCD on those rare days when I‘d use it.

Apparently the sale price was too sweet to resist for many! DRIS informed me they‘d ship next week after receiving more stock.

Post a photo comparing the two when you get a chance. I have a 32 Hog and from what I remember it was wider than an DSS 30 or a Halcyon. However, I do think it is well made.

Well, it took a while. I tried taking pictures of just the two wings, but since the DSS LCD is a horseshoe, when you inflate it by itself the bottom part tends to not stay spread out to its normal width. I couldn't get satisfactory pictures of the wings by themselves. So, I waited until I had a chance to assemble a full rig with each wing. I think this gives a better idea of what they will actually look like (mounted on an HP120). Unfortunately, I did not have great lighting so the pictures still aren't the greatest.

The biggest difference between the two is the LCD is several inches longer (extending further down the scuba cylinder). It's also noticeably fatter around the leading edge/top (i.e. up around the tank valve). The Hog wing sides are also smaller in cross section, but the difference there is not as big.

I'm finally going to get to dive the Hog this weekend and am really looking forward to seeing how it performs.

The whole batch of pictures is here: Wings by Stuart Vernon | Photobucket Ignore the hideous couch in the background. I take no credit and deserve no blame for that! :wink:

A pic of each to give you a good idea:

2015-10-27%2020.42.14.jpg

2015-10-27%2021.05.36.jpg

is that where most people mount their wings? i always have it lower down on the tank so that the top of the wing is level with the neck opening.

is that where most people mount their wings? i always have it lower down on the tank so that the top of the wing is level with the neck opening.

If I move my tank up from there, I hit the back of my head on the 1st stage reg when I try to look straight ahead.

If it works go with it. But I would feel obligated to say something if I saw that in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's very unusual.

If I move my tank up from there, I hit the back of my head on the 1st stage reg when I try to look straight ahead.

Have you played with making adjustments to your harness and crotch strap to keep this from happening?

Have you played with making adjustments to your harness and crotch strap to keep this from happening?

If I put my hand behind my back as far as I can reach and then bend my neck backwards, the back of my head gets past the knuckles. Actually, almost to the proximal joint. So I believe the only tank position in which I can both turn the knob and not hit the back of my head at full stretch is upside down. Nobody seems to do that for some reason...

My new Hog wing just arrived. Yaay!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

It looks so much more compact than my 30 # horseshoe. I cannot wait to give it a go! Unfortunately, my boat out of Hatteras for Monday cancelled today due to the weather forecast. :( I guess it will be next weekend or the one after before I can get it wet.

So your 23# wing looks smaller than your 30# wing. Did that surprise you by any chance?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom