TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am in complete shock after hearing of this tragedy from a friend. While I did not know Lynne personally we interacted a couple of times in SB and had some common friends. Lately I was an infrequent visitor to SB, so my approach was to check out what discussions TSandM had been participating in and I knew I would find something interesting that I could learn from. It is often said that the online world brings out the worst in people. Well, if the online Lynne was the worst of her I can't imagine how good the rest of it was. My thoughts are with her family and friends. May we all remember her voice and pay it forward in our future discussions in this board and in life. RIP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am so sorry to hear this. I always had the greatest respect for Lynn in my years as a moderator and over the last decade here as a scuba diver. Her recognition of my posts was always a source of pride. She will be missed here on SB where I know she was an inspiration and role model to many. She was on the short list of SB folks I would have made the effort to meet had I ever found myself in the right place.

Peace and prayers.
Pete

I remember when she changed it. It toned down her personna - in line with her real personality. That old avatar when combined with her TS&M name seemed so provocative in contrast to her posts. Gonna miss those a lot.

For the past couple of days I’ve been reading all the condolences. Part of me kept hoping this would end in a fantastic rescue, allowing Peter to simply awaken from what would then have been nothing more than a bad dream. If only all of the wishing and prayers of your friends could simply make this all go away and bring the love of your life back to you.

There has been much said over the past few days about Lynne’s influence in the lives of hundreds of divers, those in the equestrian world and what must have been thousands she saw in the E.R. down through the years, many of whom owe their lives to her. Influence seemed to be at her very core. Not an in your face type of influence, nor one of manipulation, but one of genuine concern and delight in sharing what she already had with those on the same journey she was on.

Peter and Lynne have been a package deal in my life, one I am very grateful for. Lynne and I started diving about the same time, so Peter was the experienced one when we would hit the waters of Maui together, and while everyone watched Lynne grow as a diver, I could see her eyeing Peter as he effortlessly enjoyed the time he had in the water... he set the bar and she wanted to exceed it!

Thank you Peter, for introducing so many of us to Lynne, for sharing both her life, and yours and making so many of ours just that much better. Lynne will be missed by none so much as you, so as you grieve, remember the hundreds of arms of those she influenced gathering around you, to offer their support and love as we all grieve with you.

With much Aloha, Tim

Here is a video compilation of pictures from various dives we did together on Maui - pictures by Peter and Myself - he took the "good ones" ;-)

[video]https://www.facebook.com/kidspot/videos/10153973849961564/[/video]

Direct download link:http://www.timdekle.com/download/Lynne.mp4

Last edited:
Seeing Lynne's avatar for the next post always meant a well reasoned position was just ahead. And with just the right amount of humor added in.

She will, as evidenced here so clearly, be deeply missed.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm in the other side of the planet, but SB and Internet gave me the fortune to contact her and appreciate her words full of wisdom and intelligent advise. I'm very sad and will miss her here.

Unbelievable. I've been praying for a miracle for Lynne as I've read through this thread.

Prayers for you too, Peter. May God give you strength.

I don't like a lot of people, especially those I know from the internets. I liked Lynne. Lynne and I butted heads a couple of times but overall we agreed on most things diving and she was one of the few people I met online that I wanted to meet. I was lucky enough to do so 3 or 4 years ago when I was in Seattle. We did a dive at one of the Alki dive sites and went out for drinks afterwards. I don't remember the logistics but she must have supplied the tanks and weights I used because I flew into Seattle and obviously didn't have my own. Lynne was a good person.

Glad to have known her, glad to have met her. Sad for her going way, way too soon. She was one of the good ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom