TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will chime in as another small voice who only knew her virtually via scubaboard: she was one of the "good guys". We will miss her, we will not forget her.

I will chime in as another small voice who only knew her virtually via scubaboard: she was one of the "good guys". We will miss her, we will not forget her.

This. Deep and sincere condolences to those privileged to know her outside Scubaboard.

Really shocked to hear the news and can't think of the words...

Despite not being on here long her posts and experience have affected me. I am only new to diving and one of the first topics I read on here was her tale about her OW course experience - I immediately thought if she can come from that to the diver she blossomed into, there is hope for me.

From reading a few topics she posted in, she seemed like the voice of reason and calm.

My sincerest sympathies

It gave me the creeps. I don't know why.

Lynne's original avatar was before the Borg Queen ... it was a picture of her coming out of the water during her OW class. What I remember about it was that her hood didn't fit right ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I just found out about what happened to Lynn. I always gauged my understanding of a thread by where my opinion stood in relation to hers. Her posts always acted as a bellwether of reasonable thought. Her posts were always rational, knowledgeable and well supported. a real tragedy. God Speed...

Peter - so sorry for your loss. I've never met Lynne but felt like I knew her - she was always a reasonable, knowledgeable and helpful voice here. Thoughts and prayers to you and your extended families.

Chris

My heart felt condolences to you Peter and all the family. The way Lynne affected so many souls without even meeting face to face, I can just imagine the degree to which she touched everyone in her circle of immediate family and friends.
Like many others I only new Lynne through SB and always looked forward to her replies on many posts. From many of her posts and replies, I took many of her amazingly worded phrases to important aspects of diving and situation awareness and incorporated them to my evolving diving mindset. Her firm but patient and respectful replies on troubled threads always amazed me when many others had there guns blazing, and that too gave me another lesson on how to respect, no matter what. Lynne was a blessing to all who crossed her path.

Regards Tony

Just saw this and I'm so sorry for your loss. I haven't been on the boards in awhile and had never met Lynne in person, but I always enjoyed reading her posts, full of wisdom and reason, something not often found on the internet. My prayers and condolences.

Dear Peter,

I've refrained from posting a condolences because, frankly, I was hoping against hope that Lynne would be found, safe and alive.

I'm a fairly new diver and have never met Lynne, but any question I asked on this board, there would always be a considered, frank and supportive response from Lynne. For a new diver lacking confidence in her abilities, the advice, support and encouragement were and will always be so very important. I know that any post I make on this board from now on I'll be thinking "wish TSandM could give advice on this".

I don't think I've ever felt such grief for a person I've never met face to face and, looking at the posts above, this is far from unique. If people who've ever met Lynne virtually are grieving to this extent, it is hard to imagine what your own grief and pain must be like.

Please accept my most sincere condolences for your loss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom