HL_2400 LED light from Ano Industries (2400 lumens)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK - sorry for the delays everyone but we finally had our dive light shoot out. Not as many lights as I originally thought, but a great cross section with some older technologies mixed in with the new LED technology. No doubt - LEDs are the way to go, but that doesn't mean you should scrap the old one. You can see some of the data here

My overall thoughts after using the light on a few dives and dealing with Ano:
1. Light is well built
2. Personally I like the form factor. May not be for all, but I find it easy to hold, good size and weight, and easy to aim. I tether it with a snap/bungie and usually don't unsnap unless looking inside an opening.
3. Like that it does not need to be opened to charge. There is a charging port on the back that is covered with a metal screw port cover. They even provide a coin to use although a standard nickel or quarter would work just as well.
4. Beam is bright with a large hot spot and wider halo allowing peripheral view. Took this light on day dives at 90 - 100' where I normally don't bring lights and was surprised how much more detail I could see. It is bright even during the day. Night dives you can use the low or medium settings and still see extremely well.
5. Kit comes with light, charger, spare o-rings (although I could not see where the ones provided would be used...) and a coin for opening the charge port.
6. Ano Industries is very easy to work with. Have to allow for the time difference with responses, but I found them very responsive and willing to help

Now the cons:
1. Since there are no US distributors, any warranty issues the light needs to be sent back to China.
2. I had a pre-production model and found the battery to be direct connected in. Was told the mass production models will have a removable battery that can be field replaceable.
3. Light stays constant brightness throughout the burn time. Although this is a plus, it gives no indication of battery condition so once the batteries are low, the light just shuts off. I have been told the mass production models will strobe the light for a short period when the pack is getting low so the user can switch to a backup light or to low power to conserve the battery.
4. Twice I had charged the light, let it sit in the off position for a week and then took it on a dive in 50 - 55 degree F water. The light turned off in about 15 - 17 minutes of high power operation. When I charge and dive right away - I was able to get well over an hour of burn on high. Believe there is an issue with the pack or electronics. I have returned this light and will be getting a mass production model next month.

Ano produces a number of torches including land and sea models. I have only tried the HL-2400 but can say from the build quality, I would not have an issue with trying other lights from them. Hopefully there will be some US distributors that will pick up some of these lines so we can see them first hand and have local access to sales and repair. It is a leap of fail buying direct from China. Sometimes it really pays off.

Where can this light be purchased and what is the cost??

Hi, this light is produced in our company.about the detailed information, we can communicated by email. My email is:Jessica@anoindustry.com

HL-2400 LED light from Ano industries

The second generation of HL2400; 3xT6; battery was improved as well as someother details.

Double"O" seal ring, 100% waterproof, waterproof for 200meters.

Warning when the battery is low.
2400.jpg

Last edited:
* UPDATE *

Received the second generation light about 3 weeks ago. Have taken it on 4 dives with the deepest to 70'. Light has performed very well. On a two tank boat dive with each dive lasting about 50 minutes, I did receive a flashing 'low battery' warning (about 5 or 6 strobes of the light) very near the end of the second dive. I had been running the light on high bean the entire time. At that point I turned it to medium burn and I did not receive a second warning before the end of the dive. Thank you to Ano for adding in the warning.

As the image above shows, the battery is now replaceable although not something a person would typically do on a boat between dives so I think I will be more selective of what I use high burn for during multi-tank boat dives. Even on medium burn - it is very bright. On high - it is overpowering lights of a much higher cost point. I was able to dive last weekend where my buddy was using a Lights in Motion light. They are very convenient being small and carried on the back of the hand, but I can say that my light had a brighter beam with more penetration.

I opened the battery compartment after 3 dives and found no water in the battery compartment. The design is unique in the fact that the battery has + and - contacts on both sides so it can be charged from one end and discharged on the other end. This of course means you are not going to find a pack like this from general suppliers. The machining on this light is very good and so far general use and having it hitting SS D-rings and such on my BC has not caused any chipping of the finish.

Even my dive buddies that thought they would never have 'light envy' are thinking they may need a new light!

The light meter used in your shootout. Is that reading in lumens?

I've been using it for months and it is working well. My dive buddies have claimed "light envy" because it is so bright compared to their hight end canister lights. I am looking at some other lights from Ano now.

Sent from Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Great thread, I'll be following in the hopes that you next look at some nice backup lights (ones that can attach to a snap bolt and twist for on/off). I've been browsing Ano's website and it looks like a few options exist for replacing our Cree Q4 powered, 220 lumen ones...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom