For the fun of it. Who's your dive op?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We went with Scuba Tony last year. Excellent operation! My 15 year old daughter did her open water dives with them and I was really impressed with their instruction and how closely they monitored her progress. Small fast boats. Never more than six divers. Tony was a pleasure to meet and really loves the sport. Luis is one of the best DM's I have ever met. My favorite thing about him is all the small creatures that he finds and that he lets you explore without playing chase the DM the entire dive. Hector and Carlos are first rate boat captains who add to this first class dive operation. Liked it so much that we are heading back in three days. I have NEVER picked the same dive destination twice so this speaks to the overall level of diving in Cozumel and to the operation of ScubaTony.

Wow. Do they have sleeping berths? :)

I got things to do, people to see. Can't waste time on the commute!!

I was wondering the same thing, does it really take almost an hour to get to Colombia with the slower boats, seems like you could get there in an hour with a house boat?

Started out a resort course with Aqua Safari. Dove with an outfit in Puerto Aventuras right after we got certified, I can't remember the dive op. It's been Coz ever since. SCC, Aldora, and we've settled in with BA. We liked all of them, just seem to click with BA...love that place!

---------- Post added December 19th, 2013 at 04:45 PM ----------

I was wondering the same thing, does it really take almost an hour to get to Colombia with the slower boats, seems like you could get there in an hour with a house boat?
Their big boats are Bigger than some houseboats I've seen. lol. They have a head in the bow. They Do let you dive your profile, and are a really good dive op. They have lots and lots of loyal customers. My wife and I like the small, fast boats better. Get to Columbia and Palancar quick before it gets crowded.

I just did a check, and it is about 30km from SCC to Columbia Reef. And that is into the current.

Wow. We must be going even faster than I thought then. Of course 400hp or so of Yamaha keeps it up and out of the current, so I guess that helps. I guess the smooth ride also makes the speed deceiving? :)

Surely you have seen us going by? I mean if you looked quickly.

I just did a check, and it is about 30km from SCC to Columbia Reef. And that is into the current.

Not sure how you checked but your estimate is a bit on the long side. I just did directions from Hotel Cozumel to the Iberostar (nearest landmark google recognized) that is maybe a couple or three of kilometers from Columbia Reef and it gave me 17 kilometers as the distance. So SCC to Columbia is maybe 20ish at the most.

Rich

I have been diving with Alison for many years, I think since 2005. Before that with Alison and Chucho at the Alegro. Like taking a vacation with family.............

Yupp!

Alison treats my wife and me like family. Most of the time we are so busy laughing at her stories during our surface interval that the time just flies by.

Prior to my first trip to Cozumel I used a variety of sources to review dive ops...primarily Undercurrent. Based on reviews I narrowed it down to about four operators who were then sent some questions. I liked the answers from Living Underwater and booked. Their performance exceeded my expectations and they have become my dive op of choice for every trip back. I know that there are more than a few others than get and deserve great reviews and their loyal customers will continue to support them in the same way I will continue to support Jeremy.

Yupp!

Alison treats my wife and me like family. Most of the time we are so busy laughing at her stories during our surface interval that the time just flies by.

She was talking about me again, wasn't she?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom