2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of my fellow UF buddies have reviled me for saying the coaching staff must go. They say we're having a losing season because if the injuries. They say that Muschamp is still playing with someone else's recruits. But, when you can't even teach a player who's on your side and who's on the other side, I thrown in the towel.

So if Muschamp goes and who gets a call? Strong? Franklin?

Good luck this wknd!

Actually, I think Muschamp will be around at least one more year. But if he doesn't beat Georgia next year, you can expect to hear loud roars from the alum, with blood lust in their eyes.

Pease on the other hand, is probably toast. He may not be the only one. Talent or no talent, our boys don't look like they are coming in to the game mentally prepared to execute. That has to be on the coaching.

Part of the problem, as I see it, is that tier 1 college football is now a national franchise. The money is astronomic. The egos and desire for prestige is also astronomic. Used to be winning your conference championship was huge. The bragging rights meant everything to the fans, within the conference. Now, if you're not a contender for the national championship you're just a rung on the ladder for someone who is.

Part of the problem, as I see it, is that tier 1 college football is now a national franchise. The money is astronomic. The egos and desire for prestige is also astronomic. Used to be winning your conference championship was huge. The bragging rights meant everything to the fans, within the conference. Now, if you're not a contender for the national championship you're just a rung on the ladder for someone who is.

LOL. You mean like last wk when Oregon players ran off their mouths, said that Rose Bowl is not worthy of Oregon's presence and got their wish granted courtesy of Arizona taking them to the woodshed so now Oregon is looking at Holiday Bowl or Sun Bowl?

I was laughing on the floor, I kid you not. In fact, I am still laughing now.

I agree, CFB is not what it used to be anymore. Tks to BCS.

Pete Carroll used to say: "Our goal is to go to the Rose Bowl everywhere. Anything else beyond that, it'll be icing on the cake".

Times are changing.

We are in an epic tail spin right now.
Some of my fellow UF buddies have reviled me for saying the coaching staff must go. They say we're having a losing season because if the injuries. They say that Muschamp is still playing with someone else's recruits. But, when you can't even teach a player who's on your side and who's on the other side, I thrown in the towel.
Actually, I think Muschamp will be around at least one more year. But if he doesn't beat Georgia next year, you can expect to hear loud roars from the alum, with blood lust in their eyes.
Pease on the other hand, is probably toast. He may not be the only one. Talent or no talent, our boys don't look like they are coming in to the game mentally prepared to execute. That has to be on the coaching.
Might not be a bad idea to put off hiring a coach after next season (assuming that Wes does not work out). The coach hiring circus this year is going to get competitive and crazy.
My friends, I truly feel your pain; Welcome to the same feeling of being a VOL fan this past decade.
if you end up looking for a coach, all I can say is, "Stay the eff away from Drools or Kiffy".

Looks to me like they play real football in the State of Alabama.

Everything else I've seen from other teams this season is a shallow imitation.

Will they call today's massacre "Musschamp's Last Stand"?

HEY GUYS!!! WAR EAGLE, BABY!!! This game about killed me….Cardiac Cats strike again.

Satan didn't look too happy. Thanks for that extra second!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom