Dutch Springs - thefts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike C

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thinking of making a weekday trip to Dutch Springs in the near future, but am becoming a little reluctant because of the stories I've been hearing of people getting stuff ripped off, the most recent being this past weekend when someone had their dry suit bag + contents stolen from the women's changing room. Any more bad experiences?

I have heard stories of two seperate thefts last weekend (one of which, a friend of mine was the victim), both from the area of the woman's changing room. I know that one was a drysuit and bag, and seperately a wetsuit was allegedly stolen from a seperate victim.

Other then those two, I am unaware of any others, but they may exist.

I'm there almost every weekend for the past two summers and I believe these are isolated incidents.

I haven't heard of anything like this in the past and don't anticipate it occurring in the future.

Join us at Dutch, just take reasonable precautions. My Nitrox analyzer stays in the car, my computer is always on my wrist. Otherwise, I trust the fellow divers at Dutch.

Seems like we had a bad apple last week. Hopefully, its the only time.

I dive Dutch a lot, I live nearby and teach there. I'm also a solo diver up there so i'm used to leaving my gear unattended for long periods. I've always been impressed with the fact that you can leave expensive dive gear laying around and have no worries that it'll be there when you get back. It's not uncommon to see stage bottles with reg sets attached left on the docks for an hour. Dive computers, cameras laying out on picnic tables in between dives etc... i've never heard of any thefts in a decade of diving there frequently. Stu and Kevin run a great facility.

I have heard stories of two seperate thefts last weekend (one of which, a friend of mine was the victim), both from the area of the woman's changing room. I know that one was a drysuit and bag, and seperately a wetsuit was allegedly stolen from a seperate victim.

Other then those two, I am unaware of any others, but they may exist.

Just read on Dutch Springs Facebook page that the wetsuit was returned.

I've been diving at Dutch for years and never had any issues with theft, nor have I heard any complaints from my dive buddies (other than the occasional small items lost in the water which was never returned to lost & found). I'm generally much more careful on the peninsula side where you share facilities with the waterpark goers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom