Recent Theft from Truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few of the local staff at the resort (Plaza) were rude and almost offended when you politely asked for something at dinner - same with some of the housekeeping staff - they seemed annoyed to do their job.

Two different taxi drivers were complaining on the short ride back to the resort about having to work after the restaurant called for a pickup for us after dinner - made for uncomfortable rides. I’ve never encountered that anywhere else.
Wow, sorry to hear that! Just back from a week at The Plaza Resort and I recall commenting how very friendly all of the staff were. And the new pool is gorgeous :wink:

We've been to Senor Frijoles a few time's. I like that it's always quiet, a little off the beaten path, and we really like Spanish food. I didn't feel like the prices were too high at all (which is why we've been back), and I'm super cheap with all that stuff.

We also have traveled into the ghetto to get better authentic Spanish food in FL City... the places where you just point on the menu because no one knows english. I don't speak Spanish, so it's always an adventure!

P.S. - @RyanT McDonalds' sucks... grow up:p (I'll eat it, but only in a hurry, lol)

Do you think that this is the place to ask such questions in a public forum?

If you didn't bother to renew or vote, then you don't have the right to ask questions or complain. What makes you think that NAUI is in a bad shape more than the dive industry as a whole due to COVID and other issues happening worldwide and affecting everyone else in the business?

NAUI is fine and programs are running and great products (most of them).

Wow, sorry to hear that! Just back from a week at The Plaza Resort and I recall commenting how very friendly all of the staff were. And the new pool is gorgeous :wink:
Speaking of the plaza, do you know if they had any 'stay only' non inclusive food packages?

I wouldn't leave a computer, watch, cash and keys in my vehicle in my own driveway. Why would anyone think this is safe practice in any jurisdiction?
Perhaps they were from an area that was not New York-ish, or some other urban/suburban area. There are places in this world where theft is exceedingly rare.

Back
Top Bottom