Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I dug through the piles of stuff in my canoe, dug out from under the bed, searched the third bedroom, and I now think I have my scuba gear in one spot.

Going to stomp some creeks this weekend and screen for teeth. Message me if you would like to meet at the site (in Summerville SC) at 2pm Saturday

Last edited:
Thanks for remembering Joe and thanks for asking. It was terrible. I went to a place called Rosebrock park in Summerville. It is adjacent to the Ashley river and Bacons bridge. I went at low tide. There is a "canal" and a creek in the woods. They were extremely MUDDY. Almost to the point of pluff mud. It was low slack tide and the water was not moving so I did not get in it. It was not inviting AT ALL. Basically it was a bust. I just don't have any luck with tidal water. I put my canoe in the Ashley, at low tide, in Summerville, a year of so back, and it was a mudhole also. Streams and creeks with running water are what work for me.

Have you been doing any scouting for sites?

I must be planning to use my scuba unit this year because I sent Leisure Pro some money this weekend. That, is usually a dead give away.

Well Lee at least it was a pretty day. No I haven't even put my boat in the water yet. I did clean it out and cranked it up. Ran fine! Also exercised my head light. I an sooooooooo ready to get in the water. Can't hardly wait for the water to warm up at least to the 60's. A couple more weeks of 75 & 80's and I will have to get in.

The Cooper River measured 66 degrees F today. Its about time for Phil and I to make a scouting run. Need to hunt up some gravel beds and just soak up some sun and fresh air.

Here is a fun link

Images of Suwanee River Sharks Teeth <- Click here

ps: Joe if you want to scout some areas on the weekend, and would like some company, just drop me a line

Here are some photos of an old design canister light I used in the 90's. I actually still use it occasionally because it is of excellent design, in my humble opinion. I recently added a tank strap in order to mount it "out of the way". (When laying on the bottom, I find it annoying to have clunky things like this, underneath you)

Reference link:

Quick Belt Mount <- Click here

Add an old tank strap

----------------------------------------

Click on photo to enlarge

th_100_1168_zpse0a75d0d.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the notification Scubadaddee. Always glad to see people getting out on the water. Knowing you as I do, I am guessing the charters are scuba fossiling charters in one of the local rivers. Are you targeting the Edisto, Cooper, or Wando river? I know that you sometimes provide a "Super Snorkel" or "Hookah" for divers to experiment with. Are you planning to provide the Hookah? This thread has multitudes of viewers and I am sure some would be interested in the estimated water depth, current speed, water temperature. For the diver that has never dove a river, what should he bring that is different than diving offshore?

Back
Top Bottom