weekend of diving from Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scarke

Contributor
Reaction score
After husband had a wonderful weekend of diving on White Manta recently, he is trying to plan another one....in November...as our daughter (22) will be joining him for her first ever trip to Singapore...she loves diving so its a great opportunity for them both to do it together

BUT it would seem that White Manta is not based out of Singapore in November!...Any other liveaboards worth doing ?
Why is White Manta relocated then, is it because of the weather or something ?

Thanks in advance

All the dive operators stop diving roughly between November and March because of the rainy season. Gotta look for something else, but Singapore is great for shopping, eating, the zoo, gambling and so on.

Thanks for the reply...what a pity !......will the weather be really bad in mid November ? When I was there in July they told us that we would have rain but only had 1 day out of 9...:)

It's not just the rain. The South China Sea is too rough during the Northeast monsoon, from November to March. Fly to Phuket to take advantage of the nice weather in the Andaman Sea, or fly to Bali. The diving right off Singapore is terrible, but some of the islands off the east coast of peninsular Malaysia can be okay, and quite close (though not necessarily convenient).

vladimir is right. its not about the rain.. its about the winds that can make condition bad.

during this time.. most people head as far north (of singapore) to dive. i would rather head to indo or Philippines....

will look into this...thanks so much...we dont have much experience of the weather in Singapore...so far hubby has been there 6 times since May and its always been nice !

I was just in Dayang last weekend and I really had a great time :D
Monsoon season starts later part of October in Dayang/Aur/Tioman area.
I was in Tioman last year from Oct 1st - 8th and the weather was fine.
In my 1-week of stay there, it only rained once. In the afternoon.
People would still visit Mersing area until 3rd week of October so the 1st week should be fine :)

I was just in Dayang last weekend and I really had a great time :D
Monsoon season starts later part of October in Dayang/Aur/Tioman area.
I was in Tioman last year from Oct 1st - 8th and the weather was fine.
In my 1-week of stay there, it only rained once. In the afternoon.
People would still visit Mersing area until 3rd week of October so the 1st week should be fine :)

i was there too last weekend.. and i wanna go back Dayang!!! .. which group were you in?

and apparently in October, its the whale shark season in Dayang.. chances of spotting one might be higher in October, according to the regulars at Dayang..

Back
Top Bottom