weekend of diving from Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Berjaya is definitely the biggest, fanciest resort on the island. Personally I prefer the simpler (and cheaper!) accommodations.

B&J is a great dive operator located at ABC beach and Salang beach

The last time I went to Tioman I flew from Seletar airport and stayed at the Berjaya, which was pretty close to the airport. If I recall correctly—it was a long time ago.

Does anybody know:

Can you still fly from Seletar?

Is Berjaya still the nicest place to stay? Anything comparable?

Recommended dive operators?

The flights now leave from Changi. Berjaya is a 5' bus ride from the airport, they will come and pick you up. Berjaya is still by far the biggest resort on the island but not the most upmarket, with rooms in all sorts of condition (some are quite old, the ones that have been renovated are fine).

The most upmarket place on Tioman (as far as I am aware) is: JapaMala :: Welcome to the JapaMala Resorts - Not sure about diving from there though

scarke, since diving appears to be out, do get your daughters to the night safari.

Back
Top Bottom