weekend of diving from Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i was there too last weekend.. and i wanna go back Dayang!!! .. which group were you in?

Me too!!!! Went with orpheus for leisure dive. we were only 6 in the group including DM. Did you go to Rayner's Rock? It was our first dive last Sunday and it was crazy ! Which group did you go with?

went with SiputScuba, they're based in KL.. yes Rayner's Rock, Sunday morning as well! was damn good.. my favourite throughout the whole trip.. we did 5 dives on Sunday, crazy ass tiring.. damn syok!!

somewhere at Rayner's rock we saw a bunch of huge lobsters.. damn huge.. prolly about 4-5 of them..

Wow 5 dives! We only did 2 that day cos we had to head back to Singapore after lunch time. Btw, this may be a lil bit off the topic, but would you know how's the weather like in Redang on the third week of Oct? I'm planning to spend the holiday there for a dive. That would be Oct 26 til 28th...

yea altogether we did 9 dives during the trip.. weather condition in Redang at the end of Oct, not too sure.. but what i know is that most of the resorts in Redang will start closing in October, better check with the resorts.. some are open until end of Oct, and i think Laguna Redang is one of them..

Another dive center here is organizing the trip to Redang. Thanks, I guess I have to keep my options open then hehe :)

Wow 5 dives! We only did 2 that day cos we had to head back to Singapore after lunch time. Btw, this may be a lil bit off the topic, but would you know how's the weather like in Redang on the third week of Oct? I'm planning to spend the holiday there for a dive. That would be Oct 26 til 28th...

Dive without expectations! Best way to avoid disappointment. The plus point of going late season is you have most of the resort and dive sites to yourself! Happy diving! Which resort are you guys going to?

Dive without expectations! Best way to avoid disappointment. The plus point of going late season is you have most of the resort and dive sites to yourself! Happy diving! Which resort are you guys going to?

unfortunately, the scheduled trip is already full :( so we might be joining another trip in Tioman (Salang) instead. Still waiting for confirmation though ... i was suggesting to my buddy for us to just go to redang ourselves and just book a dive when we get there but he's not a risk taker, so ya, no redang :(

unfortunately, the scheduled trip is already full :( so we might be joining another trip in Tioman (Salang) instead. Still waiting for confirmation though ... i was suggesting to my buddy for us to just go to redang ourselves and just book a dive when we get there but he's not a risk taker, so ya, no redang :(

No risk need be involved, you could always contact the dive center first to confirm your dives and then go.

After husband had a wonderful weekend of diving on White Manta recently, he is trying to plan another one....in November...as our daughter (22) will be joining him for her first ever trip to Singapore...she loves diving so its a great opportunity for them both to do it together

BUT it would seem that White Manta is not based out of Singapore in November!...Any other liveaboards worth doing ?
Why is White Manta relocated then, is it because of the weather or something ?

Thanks in advance
Just back from 5 weeks walking across Spain... but you have already gotten good advice and information from some others here. From November through March, most people in Singapore get their diving fix by going overseas. There is diving in Singapore but it's more for the desperate than the faint of heart. Vis can reach 2 meters on a good day. Having said that, if you are guided or have very good eyes, there are definitely nice things to see here. The destinations of choice during the monsoon season depends on budget and the amount of time you have. Phuket and Bali can be good for budgets and shorter trips. Philippines, Borneo, and other parts Indonesia takes a little more travel time but are also reasonable.

We have now decided to plan for a trip in May...Hubby back in Singapore as i write this after a week in Australia, followed by a week in Texas so decided trip now would be just not enjoyable....so May it is...with our daughters so will have to check out possibilities...Alan wants to do White Manta again but is not sure if its going in May.....anyways thanks again !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom