Current Diving Conditions for Morehead City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband, 17 year old son and I are 2 weeks away from a week of diving you're fantastic wrecks. We made the week long trip last year and had such a fantastic time were bringing the kid this time....love your reports.
For anyone who is even thinking of wrck diving, diving out of Moorehead city just can't be beat.

Hi Nema-We're coming down Memorial Day weekend. Any idea what to expect with the after affects of Alberto?

Alberto looks to be staying pretty far off of our coast and the only thing that we are expected to get is a ground swell. Though we won't know the conditions until we go offshore on Thursday, there is another boat in the area that is going out tomorrow. I'll keep you updated!

---------- Post added May 22nd, 2012 at 09:31 AM ----------

We have a report from yesterday that there was 80 feet of visibility on the U-352! Alberto has fizzled out and has turned into a tropical depression and is currently passing by far offshore of NC. Our only effects are a large ground swell with 10 second intervals, which means dive conditions are A okay in NC!

We're excited about diving again starting Thursday and are geared up for Memorial Day Weekend!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom