Better OC Trimix Computer . . .

Which of these two ranks better in the catagory?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:hm:

Does anyone know any shops that rent one of these???

Here is a review from one of our customers on the X1

"Hi Chris

I used two Liquivision X1s on my recent dive to 194 metres in the Pearse Resurgence, South Island, New Zealand. Throughout the 9 hour runtime they performed flawlessly. The visibility of the display in cave diving conditions is excellent and the information available on the home screen is ideal, with further information easily accessed if necessary via the menu.
Using dry gloves and with the handsets from twin rebreathers, “arm real estate” was at a premium, and for this reason the small size and robustness of the Liquivisions was greatly appreciated.
For some time now the X1 has been my computer of choice and I continue to be impressed with them. I have no hesitation in recommending them for technical diving in general and deep cave diving in particular."

Reactions: Jax

One of what?

I believe Wookie has (or had) a few extra Shearwater's on the Spree.. Go out on one of their trips and I bet he'd let you try one out.. And, I'll mail him my backup X1 for you to try as well..
Win Win situation... Great diving and you get to use both... :thumb:

I didn't vote. As happy as I am with the X1, have no dives on the Predator.

All the best, James

Aw, c'mon!

If you want to talk 'best guesses', consider . . .

The algorithms were derived off of emperic data,

They were swagged to match the data,

Then other guesses were made to adjust them conservative or aggressive,

And some more data about bubbles was SWAGged and input . . .

Bottom line is that you have a computer calculating to the nth degree a bunch of values that are figured on a SWAG about SWAGged processes.

measure with a micrometer ... mark with a laser ... cut with an axe ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bottom line is that you have a computer calculating to the nth degree a bunch of values that are figured on a SWAG about SWAGged processes.

correct, which is why...

Now, just which one does so consistently, reliably, is easy to use, and has more cool points? :snicker:

none of the above... just learn your deco profiles and use your brain...

none of the above... just learn your deco profiles and use your brain...

Ever read that article on the middle-aged brain? :snicker:

I didn't vote, either, because I've never used the Shearwater. And my guess is that you'd have much better success finding people who have used both on TDS, and even then, given the price of the units, the group with experience with both is going to be small.

Whether having a connector for a rebreather is important to you or not is something only you can decide. For me, an RB is not in the foreseeable future, so it's not an issue.

I'd mail you my X1 to try out, but I wouldn't be able to dive while you had it. Of course (she says looking out at the heavy snow falling) I may not be diving for a while, anyway!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom