Add swivel to Atomic Z2? Other ways to reduce jaw fatigue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1: Sea-Cure mouthpiece
2: 360 degree swivel
3: Miflex hose
. . . done

the K

Sorry to bring back a stale topic, but I wanted to post results for anyone browsing old threads. I ended up switching to a 5' miflex hose and it completely solved the problem. I have several months of diving with it and the headaches and jaw fatigue have never reappeared.

Hey that's great to hear. I've never gotten jaw fatigue as badly as you have described, but I do get some particularly at the beginning of a trip. Since we are in the market for regs, maybe we'll just upgrade to the miflex straight away rather than the swivel, which was my first inclination. How much does the miflex hose cost?

Thanks for the update or I would have never seen this thread.

+1 for the MiFlex hoses.

I took the swivel hoses OFF both my B2's, and the MiFlex works much better. It stays flexible when charged, unlike the Atomic swivel, and reduces jaw fatigue. I have 90-degree swivels for my sidemount rig, with around the neck routing, but haven't found them necessary for diving singles, with a conventionally routed hose.

Let me know if you want to buy an Atomic swivel hose (or two)... cheap...

+1 for the MiFlex hoses.

I took the swivel hoses OFF both my B2's, and the MiFlex works much better. It stays flexible when charged, unlike the Atomic swivel, and reduces jaw fatigue. I have 90-degree swivels for my sidemount rig, with around the neck routing, but haven't found them necessary for diving singles, with a conventionally routed hose.

Let me know if you want to buy an Atomic swivel hose (or two)... cheap...

Well this has us pretty convinced that the miflex hose upgrade will be better than the swivel upgrade when we finally purchase regs.

Hey that's great to hear. I've never gotten jaw fatigue as badly as you have described, but I do get some particularly at the beginning of a trip. Since we are in the market for regs, maybe we'll just upgrade to the miflex straight away rather than the swivel, which was my first inclination. How much does the miflex hose cost?

Thanks for the update or I would have never seen this thread.

MIFLEX cost: Miflex Hose - Regulator discounts on sale XS Scuba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom