Add swivel to Atomic Z2? Other ways to reduce jaw fatigue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 Fnfalman. I had the same problem with my Atomic Z2, so I upgraded to the swivel hose and absolutely hated it. Didn't help at all. IMO the swivel works fine un-pressurized but under pressure it was stiff and made the problem worse. I swapped the swivel for MIFLEX and have been very pleased. I use a short 20" hose, my preference, and the set up is extremely light and comfortable.

Next most practical to poster nines idea, is a 90 degreeish elbow swivel as opposed to that atomics nonsense and route the hose under your arm.

Next most practical to poster nines idea, is a 90 degreeish elbow swivel as opposed to that atomics nonsense and route the hose under your arm.

1+.

Although it does not seem like it would be comfortable, the under-arm routing often results in less 2nd stage "pull". I have one of my regs sets rigged this way, with a 48" hose, 90 degree elbow.

Best wishes.

+1. This works to eliminate most strain on the hose and to streamline you nicely, as well. You can then think about bungie-ing your back-up regulator on a 22" hose under your chin. I tried the Atomic swivel. I had Atomic install it--which was pricey, as somebody mentioned--and it was more comfortable, but not as comfortable as the 90º fitting.

as mentioned before a comfo mouth piece is a good choice. not sure if it will fit on the atomics though. I also changed my hosing to a miflex, and it defianatly made a big difference. It was also shorter than my previous hose which also may cause less drag.

Put me in the miflex boat. Swapped out the hose on my Z2 for a miflex and no jaw fatigue. And the miflex is cheaper than the swivel.

crispix.

Next most practical to poster thirteens idea

Look up "clenching" with regards to teeth.

Really appreciate the comments. I'm leaning towards a longer miflex hose and the Cumfo mouthpiece. Any suggestions on the proper length? 5' keeps coming up. How do you route that to minimize pull?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom