Peeing in your wetsuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question re my 7 mil farmer john---Suppose I cut a flap opening in the bottom part. Since the top part also covers the area in question, would the flap cause much heat loss? I'm not thinking of using said flap during a dive, but it would eliminate taking the top & bottom down to pee during the SI (a MUST) then squeezing back into a wet wetsuit--difficult in warm weather, brutal incold weather. Pee valve or drysuit zipper are out, as they cost as much as the used wetsuit did.

If you were so inclined to use a pee valve in a wetsuit, you really only need a section of tubing to connect to the cath, no expensive valves are needed. The pressure inside and outside is the same.

This has been discussed to death here on SB. Dozens of threads over the years.

If you're peeing in the wetsuit that's a GOOD thing. It means: 1) You're well hydrated. 2) You're relaxed.

Both of those are very important. Hydration helps prevent DCS and being relaxed means you'll go longer on a tank and enjoy the dive. I hear people on the boat sometimes bragging about how they've NEVER peed in a wetsuit and then I see the agony in their faces during the last 1/2 of the dive. Diving should be FUN. If there's agony involved, you're doing it wrong.

-Charles

I WISH I could pee in my wetsuit! I've really really wanted to once. I think I may have to stop moving in the water and stay still to do so, and well, that may look a little suspicious.

So what if it does? Look, diving isn't glamorous. Nobody out there is wearing makeup and doing their hair. We all come up with snotty noses. We all are affected by pressure diuresis. Don't suffer just because it "may look a little suspicious." Everyone else is peeing.

-Charles

I peed in my wetsuit for years, until I found it gave me a rash/crotch rot.

Urine is sterile. When you pee the suit you're actually displacing some of the bacteria laden seawater at least temporarily. I'm not convinced there's causality here.

I was totally obsessed from that moment on about whether anyone knew, if I'd flushed it well, etc.

You really need to get over this. Seriously. Nobody cares if you've peed in your wetsuit. My record so far is 4 times in one dive. It was a 92 minute dive at Colombia Shallow in Cozumel.

I care if I pee in my wetsuit. Don't care if anybody else cares or not.

I wait until I'm in the water to pee since I'm not too fond of peeing in the boat lavatory. I pee pretty much every dive at least once except the first one. I try not to pee when someone is below me but hey, I'm only human.

I care if I pee in my wetsuit. Don't care if anybody else cares or not.

Huh. Now for some reason I care whether you care that I don't care.

haha, i rather pee on the boat than while i was diving

I do, it makes it smell but I can rarely go a whole dive without doing it

I try not to do it in the last 10 minutes of the dive and always empty my boots in private :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom