Crux 7 mm 3-finger glove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

memorex77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

Does anybody have experience with the Crux 7mm 3-finger glove which Waterproof calls "Dry Glove"? I'm still hesitating to attach a real dry glove system to my dry suit (Aqualung Intruder). Obviously I'm looking for gloves good enough for very very cold water. My main questions would be:

- Is the 7mm material not too thick to allow manual tasks like switching on the lamp, switching the pages on your DC, connecting/disconnecting an inflator hose?

- How sensitive is the material, does it last?

- How difficult is it to put on the gloves?

- And of course: how warm are these gloves?

the Crux Dry glove are wonderful. I have a pair of them. The 7mm material is not to thick because the mittens are pre-formed.

They are indeed dry, when you form the seal correctly, like drysuit neck seal. That's the little problem. At leat me, I wasn't able to do it myself after I had put the first one. Otherwise, they are great mittens for very cold water.

I still have them, but I also have a pair on White 3fingers mittens of 6mm thickness. The are easier to put on and equally dry.

I agree with you on the difficulty of putting them on. Very difficult when alone! But they're warm enough for the little bottom time you have down to 50m in 4°C cold water.

Taking them off again is also not a simple task...

I am not fond of them. The Crux 7mm "dry" gloves squeeze my hands so 20 or 30 minutes into the dive my thumbs actually starting to go numb. On a long cold dive the numbness will spread and make handling equipment, even as simple as the inflator, quite difficult.

I have been told that the gloves were too small for my hands, but the fingers are already way too long. Despite this I switched for a bigger size for two dives and experienced the same pain and numbness, although less pronounced.

I have since switched to dry gloves using Viking bayonet rings and I couldn't be happier.

Does anybody carry these gloves? The only place I can find them is at Leisure Pro in size xtra small. I need at least a large. A buddy had them on a dive on 03/19/10 off of Belmar, NJ. Water temp 38 degrees and his hands were warm. Like to try a pair.

Dave

Does anybody carry these gloves? The only place I can find them is at Leisure Pro in size xtra small. I need at least a large. A buddy had them on a dive on 03/19/10 off of Belmar, NJ. Water temp 38 degrees and his hands were warm. Like to try a pair.

Dave

You could have mine! Getting in and out of them was so bad after a few months that I gave up and went to a dry glove system (Northern Divers). Now I have no problem anymore launching an SMB at the end of the dive, finally!

Mine are XL, I used them for maybe 20 dives and they look as if new. Send me a PM if you're interested..

You could have mine! Getting in and out of them was so bad after a few months that I gave up and went to a dry glove system (Northern Divers). Now I have no problem anymore launching an SMB at the end of the dive, finally!

Mine are XL, I used them for maybe 20 dives and they look as if new. Send me a PM if you're interested..

Thanks for the kind offer. I have smallish hands so a large may be on the loose side, XL would probably be way too big. Again, thanks.

Dave

I have not used them but if your looking for a very nice warm Glove. I can say that the Henderson Hyperstrecth 7mm Glove is great. Due to the type of glove it feels like a 5mm with the dexterity but warmth of the 7.

I looked at them before though, They do make nice looking gloves.

Chief Dave, you can check the waterproof-usa.com website store for details or to locate an LDS.
Remember - a 7mm "hyper", "super" "ultra"stretch anything is made to stretch and will thin out leaving the diver with the warmth of 5mm or less and not be as durable.

I have not used them but if your looking for a very nice warm Glove. I can say that the Henderson Hyperstrecth 7mm Glove is great. Due to the type of glove it feels like a 5mm with the dexterity but warmth of the 7.

I looked at them before though, They do make nice looking gloves.

I can't speak for the 7mm hyperstretch gloves but I own the 5mm h2 set....if you pay shipping I will send them to you. Don't get me wrong, they look good, they are easy to put on, easy to take off....butt....the damn material is so stretchy the seems leak.

I was in 46 degree water and waved my hand to get someones attention....it felt like I had a whole in the damn gloves. I could feel the water exchanging through the seems into my fingers....IT SUCKED.....I spend the rest of the dive with my hands tucked in my arm pits until I was up into warmer water....

I needed something the next day and couldn't get my local waterproof dealer so I ended up with a set of 4th element 5mm gloves that are awesome. ....I am a huge fan of waterproof but just didn't have the time to drive to the dealer otherwise I would be here raving about their glove.

ignoring compression and other factors I tested my new gloves:dork2: against my henderson gloves that night. Henderson on my left, the other on my right....into a bucket of ice water. I moved my hands every so often, grabbed ice chucks, etc.....keep in mind this is with 5mm gloves. at about 5 minutes my Henderson covered hand had to come out....10 minutes later I was bored and removed my other hand still warm.

not trying to knock Henderson, they make a nice suits and gloves but my 5mm waterproof is as warm as my 7mm Henderson suit, fits better, and has less water transfer....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom