Looking for 2 people to complete a quad to Bonaire 6/26-7/3/2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I

idocsteve

I'm trying to join a trip that has been put together by other ScubaBoard members that is an amazing deal, it's similar to a trip organized for next year (click HERE).

Having been to Beneath the Sea last week, and doing a lot of price checking, I can tell you there is nothing even close to this group deal, which includes the following

7 days in Bonaire from 6/26 through 7/3/2010

Divers will be in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom Villa at The Plaza Hotel in Bonaire, with either Oceanfront or Lagoon view rooms.

As I said, in order to join this group my girlfriend and myself need to find 2 more divers to complete a quad in a two bedroom, two bath villa, and there isn't much time left.

THE DEAL:

7 nights at The Plaza Resort
6 days unlimited shore diving
4 door go anywhere truck for every 4 divers (this truck will be shared by the 4 of us)
Free Nitrox
Free Breakfast
Transport to and from Bonaire Airport
(non divers are @$142 less)

The Price.........$620 PP, or less!

The price may be less depending on the final number of divers in the group, at the moment there are 12 confirmed for this trip. I have spoken to the two ScubaBoard members who are arranging this trip, I have been given the ok to post this thread...There is a second week following the first; and because they have about 20 divers they are getting a couple of additional features including a beach barbeque and rum punch party, which we might qualify for if we get the numbers up.

Please contact me by personal message if you're seriously interested in joining my girlfriend and myself in a quad in Bonaire in June for this amazing deal.

$200 per person deposits need to be into Carradonna Dive Travel by April 17th

Where to send deposits, contact:
Donna Yakow,
CTCTravel Consultant
Under the Surface. Over the Top. Dive Travel and Vacations - Caradonna Dive Adventures
Caradonna Dive Adventures2101 W State Road 434, Suite 221Longwood, FL 32779
Toll-Free: +1 800-328-2288 x119
Phone: +1 407-774-9000 x119
Fax: +1 407-682-6000http://www.caradonna.com/

Donna Yakow will handle all the deposit, and trip insurance, if desired, etc. She will need the full name of each party as it appears on your passports at the time you make your reservation (Remember, Passports must now be valid at least 6 months after completion of overseas trips!).

Deadline for deposits is this April 17. Carradonna also offers a good trip insurance pack, that runs about $50 each, and protects your investment. She can also try to locate deals for airfare, if you desire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your dates are off by a year. Dive NY is going in 2011.

If you are actually looking for 2010, let me know. There is another group from SB that are looking for additional people to join for the the same dates, but in 2010.

Right now we have 20 something divers and hope to pop it up to 32 for this trip.
Costs are the same or within a couple bucks...

I edited the first post to remove the Dive NY group reference.

I am referring to this year, not next year.

PM sent regarding your trip for this year.

I booked airfare this morning, there is a nonstop flight of about 4.5 hours duration, Continental airlines out of Newark that leaves Saturday just before Midnight and gets in about 4:30 Sunday 6/27, and the return flight is the following Sunday 7/4. Note that this schedule starts and ends one day later than the group trip planned for the same time, but you cannot beat the 4.5 hour flight, when you consider that all the other options out of NY are connecting flights, with anywhere from 10 hours up to 16 hours total duration.

It's Continental Airlines out of Newark.

With my airfare booked I'm in no rush to secure accommodations for myself and my girlfriend so I can wait a bit longer before finalizing our own plans in terms of where we will be staying if we do not join the group.

We will be down at the same time. We are staying in a house right next to Richard's (Beaurang villa). If you're eating at Richard's or in the area, stop by. We'll have some cold beers waiting.

We will be down at the same time. We are staying in a house right next to Richard's (Beaurang villa). If you're eating at Richard's or in the area, stop by. We'll have some cold beers waiting.

Ok cool..

I finalized my plans for this June to Bonaire.

I think I made poor Donna at Caradonna a bit nuts, I changed the plans a few times...but she handled it perfectly.

Turns out I gotta go a day later so I don't miss my daughter's graduation.

Flying in Sunday morning 7/28 and staying through the following Sunday, at the Plaza.

If I don't get 2 other divers for a quad in a Villa, we're going to stay in a suite. It costs a few hundred bucks more for the same basic "package" including breakfast and use of our own pickup truck.

If 2 other divers are interested in sharing a 2 bedroom 2 bath Villa for that week, we can easily make the switch and join the group and that will earn an additional discount that will be shared by all in the group, due to the "one free diver for every 8" which will bring the trip cost to (probably) under $600 not inclusive of airfare.

I made a change in the dates because of my daughter's HS graduation.

We are now flying in Monday morning and leaving the following Monday.

I have secured a 1 BR Villa and I expect that's how it's going to stay although if a diver is interested in a last minute deal they can still contact me and I will look into the possibility of upgrading to a 2 BR Villa.

Although it turns out when all was said and done I am really only paying a few hundred bucks more than the group rate, and I have a private Villa and sole use of the truck and the rest of the package is the same, so I'm not really all that eager to make any changes anymore...lol

congrats on your "final" booking! IMO it's well worth the extra money to have sole use of the truck...there's nothing worse than being on someone else's timetable when you're on vacation. :wink:

congrats on your "final" booking! IMO it's well worth the extra money to have sole use of the truck...there's nothing worse than being on someone else's timetable when you're on vacation. :wink:

That's exactly what me and my girlfriend have been discussing.

I mean, it's nice to meet fellow divers, and I'm sure we'd make a couple of great new friends in whoever we shared the Villa and truck with, but then again you never know and it might be a bit inconvenient.

When you're talking about a $3000+ vacation, what's a few hundred bucks?

Thanks for the input.

My plans for June have changed. Due to a conflict between available flights out of NY and my daughters High School Graduation on Sunday June 28, I have been forced to cancel my plans to Bonaire.

I'm going SOMEWHERE that week and it looks like Curacao is the top of the list at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom