Trip Report Bonaire trip report and "How to"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would imagine that driving a manual transmission may becoming a lost skill among younger people. I did not have my first automatic transmission until 2011 :), after more than 40 years of driving.

My preference for a stick recently bit me in the @$$.
Last spring I tore something in my left knee, and working the clutch really hurt for quite some time.
Now, @ 3 weeks ago I tore something in my right rotator cuff, and now shifting has become an issue.
I still prefer a gear box to a slushbox, but there are times.....:(

mbwilliamn thanks for the detailed report of your trip to Bonaire. We’re heading down to stay at Buddy dive October 13-20. I appreciate your recommendations for dive sites as this is my first time there and I plan to check out some of your favs.

Driving stick is still pretty much standard in most of Europe, so it really depends on where you are. :D

mbwilliamn thanks for the detailed report of your trip to Bonaire. We’re heading down to stay at Buddy dive October 13-20. I appreciate your recommendations for dive sites as this is my first time there and I plan to check out some of your favs.
It’s all great! Anywhere around Klein is good. North side on Bonaire has my favorites. The dive I will repeat on during a trip is La Dianns Leap and exit Karpata.

I would imagine that driving a manual transmission may becoming a lost skill among younger people. I did not have my first automatic transmission until 2011 :), after more than 40 years of driving.

I taught both my son and daughter to drive stick before they ever got in an automatic - they're both millennials and very non-typical. They've never had a car that wasn't manual. Me neither.

Both my son and daughter learned on manual transmissions, partially due to realizing early on that they wanted to be coming back to Bonaire as adults, and be able drive and dive.

lol - my kids wanted to learn on manual because it's more fun and you have much more control.

lol - my kids wanted to learn on manual because it's more fun and you have much more control.

That too!

Back
Top Bottom