Cave diving discussion - Split from Curious Question thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't care what kind of CD he is, I just figured out what kind of person he is! Not mine! I play nice with those who play nice! Pccaj your just a heal bitter!

I would hope all divers improve after every dive, but that is up to each individual as to improve and better yourself or ignore what your taught! That is life and human nature! It is easy to see fault in anyone, but much harder to except things for what they are!

I'm not real sure what that is, sounds like a type of medical (heal) spice, maybe? Heal bitters? Maybe some sort of digestifs?

Oh! Maybe you meant to say "You're just a heel biter", referring to a small dog! Sorry it took so long, I had to sift through the poor spelling and grammar, my bad.

In any case, you don't know the first thing about cave diving, as evidenced by the video you posted, complete with hose stuffery, snorkel fins, and generally poor technique. Your own POST is evidence to your lack of understanding of cave diving methodology. If I were in your position, I would take a few minutes to actually listen to those who cave dive regularly and are offering advice. Calling people names is not the way to gain any sort of respect here.

If you would like to discuss how you could improve, I will be happy to talk about that with you.

I would hope all divers improve after every dive, but that is up to each individual as to improve and better yourself or ignore what your taught! That is life and human nature! It is easy to see fault in anyone, but much harder to except things for what they are!

there's a complete disregard for cave conservation in that video. that team bashes the hell out of the cave right out of the gate and all the way to the end. if it was anything other than little river i'd be upset about that.
also the out of air drill where the guy can't get his stuffed octopus deployed. (after about a minute when he realizes the diver is out of gas) is extremely questionable.

I would try and ignore the rudeness of the posts and concentrate on the meat of what's being said.

awe.... who deleted the funny stuff?

Hey maybe that is why Bill Reneker uses such places? Hummm? The OAD is to measure the Narcoses effect on the divers after an hour at 105ft! I thank Bill for that one that man can hold his breath! Maybe one of the best cave divers EVER! So other than bashing what's your point??? The reason for this thread started out as most effective training and not your best Cave dive!

I live in California and we don't have a lot of caves to be in all the time! It is the best training you can do, but it doesn't make you a better person, or cure the common cold, it is just what it is! Cave training made me a better diver and photographer! It gave the the training to dive a cave in Fiji that no on, yes no one, has ever dived! My buddy and I were the first and that is something not a lot can say! So take the video for what it is and me for what I am and it is that simple! This was not made for Cave divers anymore than Sea Hunt was a correct representation of SCUBA Diving!

As far as YOU getting upset I don't give a crap even if you think your the SCUBA Police! Cave conservation is a joke! Sound like a cave hugger to me! Caves get scoured out all the time! Nothing is constant except change! The will be burnt up by the sun in the future! Am I saying co destroy something deliberately? NO! Using something means just that, we live on the planet and we use it! Nothing ever stays the same! We need to be good stewards but use it or lose it! Half Dome will be a beach some day!

Hey maybe that is why Bill Reneker uses such places? Hummm? The OAD is to measure the Narcoses effect on the divers after an hour at 105ft! I thank Bill for that one that man can hold his breath! Maybe one of the best cave divers EVER!

I know some posts were deleted, but...

What?

I know some posts were deleted, but...

What?
He's attempting to explain why it takes an eternity to donate gas in this video (14:04 mark)-
http://vimeo.com/1003780

I guess using the wrong gas is a "learning experience". Personally I don't think narcosis is the reason for this, I think poor training and taking students too far is the reason for it. Bill's a nice guy, and frankly if I hadn't seen this video for myself, I wouldn't have believed it. If I were a board member for an agency that this class was taught under, I would be on the phone with all parties involved asking questions and pulling cards...

Cave conservation is a joke! Sound like a cave hugger to me! Caves get scoured out all the time! Nothing is constant except change! The will be burnt up by the sun in the future! Am I saying co destroy something deliberately? NO! Using something means just that, we live on the planet and we use it! Nothing ever stays the same! We need to be good stewards but use it or lose it! Half Dome will be a beach some day!
That about sums up the above video.

Hey maybe that is why Bill Reneker uses such places? Hummm? The OAD is to measure the Narcoses effect on the divers after an hour at 105ft! I thank Bill for that one that man can hold his breath! Maybe one of the best cave divers EVER! So other than bashing what's your point??? The reason for this thread started out as most effective training and not your best Cave dive!

I live in California and we don't have a lot of caves to be in all the time! It is the best training you can do, but it doesn't make you a better person, or cure the common cold, it is just what it is! Cave training made me a better diver and photographer! It gave the the training to dive a cave in Fiji that no on, yes no one, has ever dived! My buddy and I were the first and that is something not a lot can say! So take the video for what it is and me for what I am and it is that simple! This was not made for Cave divers anymore than Sea Hunt was a correct representation of SCUBA Diving!

As far as YOU getting upset I don't give a crap even if you think your the SCUBA Police! Cave conservation is a joke! Sound like a cave hugger to me! Caves get scoured out all the time! Nothing is constant except change! The will be burnt up by the sun in the future! Am I saying co destroy something deliberately? NO! Using something means just that, we live on the planet and we use it! Nothing ever stays the same! We need to be good stewards but use it or lose it! Half Dome will be a beach some day!
wow
please stay in california. kthnx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom