Spare Air: some thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Re-read what I wrote.

I did not say "I'll never get into such a situation" but rather I said exactly the opposite: invest as much effort avoiding such situations as you do preparing for what to do if they occur.

I understood you the first time; especially the part about the padded suit...

You plan to avoid bad situations, realizing that despite your efforts, some situations are unavoidable. A good plan will address both the expected and the unexpected.

I always appreciate a little spare air while diving.

If a little spare air is good, then more must be better. That's why I prefer overly redundant backup redundancy.:wink:

Attachments

• spare doubles.bmp
    19.6 KB · Views: 66
I've been following and posting in this thread since the beginning. I don't think there is anything new being added at this point. Is it time to close the thread and make it a sticky? I'm suggesting the sticky concept since searching for "spare air" in search returns many non "spare air" related posts.

If a little spare air is good, then more must be better. That's why I prefer overly redundant backup redundancy.:wink:

I'm working on development of the ultimate redundancy:

The Spare Rebreather®

"It only provides one more breath...but you can keep taking it over and over and over again."

I was on a group trip with a local dive shop a few years back. One of the people that worked in the shop carried two Spare Airs on her tropical dives.

Makes sense in a way..put one on each shoulder strap, and now you've got a good amount of extra gas, as well as more redundancy. You can be like "Quick Draw McGraw" and see how fast you can unholster both Spare Airs.

One of the people that worked in the shop carried two Spare Airs on her tropical dives...one on each shoulder strap.

Brilliant line extension to drive incremental unit sales among current Spare Air owners. As a branding and advertising professional what I really appreciate is that the idea builds on the essence and the brand promise of the original Spare Air among people that really understand the product.

I've pulled one of my top creative teams off the SuperBowl spot they were making last-minute tweaks to, and asked them to come up with a launch ad to run in next month's Scuba Diving Magazine:

Introducing The
Spare Air-2

spare-air%2011.jpg

Because You Can Never
Have Enough Spare Air!

:eyebrow:

Brilliant line extension to drive incremental unit sales among current Spare Air owners.

You're surprised at this?

It's already been stated that I have the skills to pursue an advertising career.

If I ever run out of eye care patients, I've got a second career. Well a third, if you count moonlighting as a male stripper.

"I'll never be in any diving situation that's beyond my control!!!"

Cocky or just inexperienced? :hm:

Nevermind, he was paraphrasing...Gotta read the rest of the thread before posting in the future.

Back
Top Bottom