Trip Report - Dive with Martin from Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdanmcg

Registered
Reaction score
Maryland - land of chilly quarries and murky ocean
# of dives
100 - 199
I got back Saturday from my first trip to Coz. My friend did her open water referral. We stayed at the Hotel Cozumel. The staff were friendly, the food good but lacking in variety. I think they only had 50 or so guests. The resort is across the road from the beach. The access to the beach was via a tunnel under the road. They have facilities there, a dining are, a small beach and a pier. We used Dive with Martin following the advice of a friend. They run out of a shop on the international pier. They picked us up a the hotel pier. The instructor, Ruben, for my friend's referral dive was polite, helpful and very professional. We also, later in the week, encountered Orlando and David, 2 other dive masters that were great. We hit one dive master that was OK, but the others I would recommend. The boats are relatively small, we never had more than 7 divers at a time. The drift dives were usually slow, although we hit somewhat swifter currents at the Santa Rosa reefs. We dove the Barracuda reef on Friday with a fairly gentle current. The vis was 80 to over 100 feet on all dives. We dove Paradise reef on Thursday for a night dive. We did 12 dives across the 6 days. For the money this was a great deal. I'm looking forward to trying to get the same week next year.

What's up there fellow diver? Nice to have met you and Amy while in Cozumel. Will upload videos soon. Scott.

Thanks Scott. Enjoyed meeting you and Marty. I've been showing off your photographic skills, can't wait for the movie. BTW, I left my camera on a table by the pool Friday night. A security guy stopped by while Amy and I were at the beach and said they had my camera at the front desk. When I got there the guy behind the desk suggested I look at the pictures to make sure it was mine. Whoever picked up the camera took a couple of great photos of his penis! I knew the desk people had checked it because they knew it was mine. It was hilarious!

Glad you enjoyed DWM, Orlando and David are both very good DM's and great guys, did David do his "air ring" trick?

...welcome to the family :D

Yes, he did a few variations as well. He sent up his air bubble, then swam through it. He did it a gain with 2 air bubbles. He tried sending a few up through another. I can't figure out how you can control the ascent speed of a bubble. I look forward to my next trip.

Back
Top Bottom