DIR Doing Their Thang!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1:
Maybe their slogan can be " You've trained with the rest, NOW TRAIN WITH THE BEST" Sponsered by Halcyon and GUE with their logo on the bottom of the dive gear.

Fred

Works for me.

Ever talk to a diver that did not like their GUE class? Or think it wasn't the best training money ever spent? There are a couple for sure, but by far the minority.

fgray1:
We can spot DIR a mile away.

Like any other industry. It's mostly about the Money.
Fred

1.Let's assume that's true. If so, what's wrong with that? I don't see you complaining about any of the other companies/agencies, do I?

2. If it were about the money, why wouldn't they lower their standards, make everyone an instructor just to raise the numbers? How come they tell you that this training is not for everyone? Does PADI (one expample only) do that? Heck no. They want everyone who plunks down the cash.

33 instructors spread over the world. Yep, GUE's just racking it in.

MikeFerrara:
Good question. How do you know if some one is really DIR? I know for a fact that just because some one has taken GUE classes doesn't tell you that they are DIR. I say that because I know at least one person who has done GUE classes beyond DIRF and chooses to use methods that GUE definately doesn't teach.

Using labels can be a tricky thing I think.

As I said previously, it's a start. But a good start.

There are exceptions to everything. But having gone thru the same experiences, there will be more similarities than not.

detroit diver:
Works for me.

Ever talk to a diver that did not like their GUE class? Or think it wasn't the best training money ever spent? There are a couple for sure, but by far the minority.

Hey DD,
Them's pretty Halcyon Blue tinted glasses your looking thru:):)

Waterlover:
Hey DD,
Them's pretty Halcyon Blue tinted glasses your looking thru:):)

Actually, it would be GUE colors because I sincerely believe in what they are teaching and what they stand for.

As for my equipment, you be pleased to know that I have a FredT backplate, and a Canadian backup light (can't remember the name of the manufacturer). My own harness. I do have Halcyon wings, though. Good stuff.

detroit diver:
Huh? . Unless you can tell me of another agency that fullfills all of the skills and criteria that GUE teaches, how can I know that two people that claim they are DIR are actually so?
I can tell you some NAUI tech instructors that teach all the skills and criteria of DIR........Is Chickdiver around anywhere?

Waterlover:
I can tell you some NAUI tech instructors that teach all the skills and criteria of DIR........Is Chickdiver around anywhere?

As I said in one of my previous posts, those involved with the WKPP (which Chickdiver is ) are very well qualified to teach DIR.

detroit diver:
1.Let's assume that's true. If so, what's wrong with that? I don't see you complaining about any of the other companies/agencies, do I?

2. If it were about the money, why wouldn't they lower their standards, make everyone an instructor just to raise the numbers? How come they tell you that this training is not for everyone? Does PADI (one expample only) do that? Heck no. They want everyone who plunks down the cash.

33 instructors spread over the world. Yep, GUE's just racking it in.

As the demand increases so will the supply of DIR and GUE instuctors. Or they will cease to be.
It takes marketing to do this. For now the only way for DIR and GUE to survive is to make drivers beleive the training they recieved from other agancies was lacking and to be a great diver you need DIR and GUE (oh lets not for Halcyon equitment) and if you become one of the chosen few you must convince all others that they to must do this or they will never be a great diver. Sounds like they did a good job on you. You can be their poster child. You can step down from the soap box now.

detroit diver:
As I said in one of my previous posts, those involved with the WKPP (which Chickdiver is ) are very well qualified to teach DIR.
Are you sure she doesn't need a GUE card to teach DIR:)? you stated in an earlier post you have to have a GUE card to be DIR....hmmmmm

Kool-air. Yada Yada. Cult. Yada. yada. Brainwashing. Yada yada. Conspiracy. Yada yada.

Please. Some originality would be nice.

fgray1:
As the demand increases so will the supply of DIR and GUE instuctors. Or they will cease to be.
It takes marketing to do this. For now the only way for DIR and GUE to survive is to make drivers beleive the training they recieved from other agancies was lacking and to be a great diver you need DIR and GUE (oh lets not for Halcyon equitment) and if you become one of the chosen few you must convince all others that they to must do this or they will never be a great diver. Sounds like they did a good job on you. You can be their poster child. You can step down from the soap box now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom