Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a dive yesterday I found a Sherwood 3000 first stage, a Sherwood second stage (don't know the model) and a pressure guage. The reg is in pristine condition (the dust cap on the first stage was on), so it could not have been in the water very long. The first stage is pretty massive and a really interesting design. I'm usually a Scubapro guy, but this reg is very cool and I want to dive with it. The Sherwood rep on the Equipment forum says it is about 20 years old.

Why would you bring up a chunk of coral? Was it dead?

HAHA! No I wouldn't bring up anything like coRal...just old black coal...it just seemed really out of place in an area of almost total granite...probably just fell out, or was tossed off of an old boat at some point...

HAHA! No I wouldn't bring up anything like coRal...just old black coal...it just seemed really out of place in an area of almost total granite...probably just fell out, or was tossed off of an old boat at some point...

That was my bad. I thought I read coral not coal.

i have found-1-dive knife
1-surgical scissors (good ones)
various hard and soft weights
lots of snorkles

still looking for more (treasures ) from the sea

It looks like a part of a chair, need better pictures... It looks like the screw threads you see there is the height adjustment and the larger part at the bottom is the part that attached to the legs. The smaller top part would have been where you put your business.... oh sxxt!! (oh silt!!) haha

Wrist mounted compass.... :hm: wonder if they "loser" found the exit?

Found a Sherwood dive computer at 60 ft. To my surprise it turned on when I hit the button. I put a new battery in it and gave it to a friend who has been using it for about six years.

Hundreds of sharks teeth, manatee ribs and a partial lower jaw from a mastodon.

Recreationally, the water off of Grand Cayman has been the most prolific. I once found a gold necklace on Sunset House's reef draped over a finger of coral just like it was on display in a jewelry store. After meeting a diver from Texas who was lamenting having lost a $10K gold ring on a dive earlier in the week, we also found it a few days later. He had chartered a boat back to the same site and 4 of us specifically went looking for it. Some of the things we found on local dives as part of a county Dive Rescue Team weren't as much fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom